Chronic Pain members - Welcome, please introduce yourself

Posted by Kelsey Mohring @kelseydm, Apr 27, 2016

Welcome to the new Chronic Pain group.

I’m Kelsey and I’m the moderator of the group. I look forwarding to welcoming you and introducing you to other members. Feel free to browse the topics or start a new one.

Why not take a minute and introduce yourself.

@janebaxter

Hi fellow pain warriors. I'm 54. My Fibro took a bad turn 2 1/2 years ago and I'm slowly doing better after having a lot of physical therapy and nerve blocks, ablations, and massage. I've been following Dr. Skip Pridgin's protocol since 11/2018 and am feeling less pain. He's doing a large study using 500 mg of Famcyclovir 2X/day & 200 Celebrex with the morning Famvir. Google him for more info. I also take Methaxalone, Magnesium, Curcumin, D3, a good multivitamin 2X/day, HRT, Imitrex, Plaquenil (am also diagnosed with Lupus), and I just got Botox injections for my migraines. I was a long distance runner, golfer, tennis, cycler etc. etc. It's been quite an adjustment. I'm doing Acceptance and Commitment Therapy for Pain which has been very helpful. Other than the constant engulfing pain, I'm happily married, have 3 grown kids and 3 older stepkids, 2 dogs, a cat, a parrot (great chatty companion), and wonderful friends. I'm not dying and try to focus on how blessed I am.

Jump to this post

@janebaxter Welcome two Mayo Connect! You will find a lot of support here. There are many of us who struggle with fibro and assorted other combinations of maladies. Take some time to sort through discussion groups and threads of conversation. None of us are medical professionals, but we all can offer support and our experiences of what worked and didn't work for us!
Ginger

Liked by lioness

I am mary

Liked by jmjlove

In reply to @juliet80 "I am mary" + (show)
@juliet80

Hi Mary, from one newbie to another!

Hi

Liked by jmjlove

I know this is not medical but does anyone know about old comic books lol

Hi..im terry..i have chronic pain from pancreatitis and fibro..also have rheumatoid arthritis..its nice being able to talk to others

@tfrancis

Hi..im terry..i have chronic pain from pancreatitis and fibro..also have rheumatoid arthritis..its nice being able to talk to others

Jump to this post

@tfrancis….Terry, do you mind me asking how you.deal with your pain? I too have RA and fibro and know the pain from that. Not so much pancreatitis. I hear that too is quite painful. Sounds like life is no picnic for you. But, many here share their struggles and occasionally their victories. Welcome. I am new too.

@juliet80

I know this is not medical but does anyone know about old comic books lol

Jump to this post

@juliet80….I know nothing. Sorry. But that's a unique way to jump in, lol. A sense of humor will serve you well if you are a chronic pain sufferer!

I know right and i am trust me jim back pain going to the front ache all over bad migrain to wear i am about to pull my hair out

@juliet80

I know right and i am trust me jim back pain going to the front ache all over bad migrain to wear i am about to pull my hair out

Jump to this post

@juliet80…..yep. Migraine 24/7. Every. Single. Day. Pain level varies a little, but always hurts. I sympathize. 😢 Head banger caused by trigeminal neuralgia and cerebellar stroke. Brain damage. Do you know why you are suffering migraines? Back pain from an injury?

I have no idea why i started my woman thing yesterday. Maybe its that but i dont know

But i feel like crying it hurts so bad

@juliet80

But i feel like crying it hurts so bad

Jump to this post

@juliet80….yep. It sucks. Excedrine migraine is not helpful alone, but I combine it with aspirin, advil. Minimal help, but I'll take it. And yes. Could be hormonal.

Yes i am very bad

And i have taken midol and a hot shower

Liked by jmjlove

Please login or register to post a reply.