Chronic Pain members - Welcome, please introduce yourself

Posted by Kelsey Mohring @kelseydm, Apr 27, 2016

Welcome to the new Chronic Pain group.

I’m Kelsey and I’m the moderator of the group. I look forwarding to welcoming you and introducing you to other members. Feel free to browse the topics or start a new one.

Why not take a minute and introduce yourself.

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Chronic Pain Support Group.

@lyssia

Hello having a bad pain day today with my upper back/shoulder area and going up my neck into my head. Nothing seems to be helping today. I am also a bit upset because my pain doctor that I have been going to for the last 4 years has joined another larger medical group and they do not take my insurance. I was laid off last June and have had insurance through the health insurance exchange. Won't qualify for medi-care for another 3 years!! I have seen my doctor twice since then but had to pay cash and can't keep doing that. I think it is time for my cervical facet joint injections and definitely time for some trigger point injections as well. Have been trying to find a doctor that will accept my insurance but am not having much success, plus I am a little bit scared since I had a really good pain doctor and now having to start over with a new doctor.

Jump to this post

That's a bad position to be in. New Doctor bingo. I wish you luck, you will find an even better Doctor than the one you lost. I'm sure of it.

Thank you all for your kind words and encouragement. It is so nice to be able to connect with others who understand. I am going to look at our Rite Aid and see if I can find the Arnica Tea, add to my tools! I will also give a call to my insurance and check in with them to see what pain doctors are on my plan. Funny thing though as I have been searching their list it seems that doctors are disappearing.... a couple I saw the other day are no longer listed? I hope that it is just a glitch with the system and not that they dropped out of the plane. Wish you all a good week. I will let you know what comes from my doctor search.

In my experience Dr,s drop out because insurance and gov.rules aren't allowing them to practice as they see fit to for there patient So that being said is why I've studied holistic medicine it's God given The only thing you have to be careful is if your on Coumadin A good book to get if your interested is. Nutritional Healing by Phyllis Balch this is her 5 th edition I have.Index is foods,vitamins,herbs conditions if you really are interested in your body check it out.

@lyssia

Thank you all for your kind words and encouragement. It is so nice to be able to connect with others who understand. I am going to look at our Rite Aid and see if I can find the Arnica Tea, add to my tools! I will also give a call to my insurance and check in with them to see what pain doctors are on my plan. Funny thing though as I have been searching their list it seems that doctors are disappearing.... a couple I saw the other day are no longer listed? I hope that it is just a glitch with the system and not that they dropped out of the plane. Wish you all a good week. I will let you know what comes from my doctor search.

Jump to this post

@lyssia

During your search, I recommend looking at patient reviews of the doctors. I have used 3 of them. Vitals.com, Lifescripts, and Googlescholar. Do you live in Oregon? The insurance business is going nuts here right now. I'm very grateful for Medicare and supplements.

I surely hope you find a good doctor.

Jim

@lyssia

Jump to this post

Hi Jim I have used Lifescript I like it

@wsh66

How about if everyone who reads this fills in the blank. I don't feel pain when.....?

For me, I don't feel pain when I'm petting my dogs and they're showing me affection. Now you try it.

Jump to this post

I don't feel the pain when I'm listening to the waves hit the shore as the sun hits my face.

@johnbishop

I don’t feel the pain when...my mind is working overtime doing something fun or interesting.

Jump to this post

distraction does work but not when the pain is at it's peak nothing works. Am doing pretty badly at this time but holding on and praying for this latest attack to subside. Quite often it will last for around five months.

@vdrgwr

I have chronic back pain and sciatica since a car accident in July 2017. I’ve done physical therapy for 4 months had 2 epidural injections and just finished 2 weeks of chiropractic therapy.
Nothing has relieved the pain.
I’m trying to avoid a second surgery.
Any input and help would be greatly appreciated.

Jump to this post

I didn’t know what to expect when I signed up for my first Healing Touch session with Christine. I knew it involved energy work and I’d been practicing Qigong for several years so it interested me. She had me lie down and cover myself with a soft blanket. She said she needed to prepare herself and she went and stood by my feet. Before she touched me I could feel my feet tingling. I’m very sensitive to energy moving in my body. I wasn’t watching what she did but I felt her touch my foot and then my leg. She then moved one hand further up my leg. It was odd; I could still feel the first touch as if she had 3 hands which I was sure she didn’t.
During my second session 2 weeks later my feet did the same thing as in the first session. In addition each time her hand touched I felt a connection between that spot and a spot in my brain as if the two spots were sharing some sort energy.
After each of my two sessions I was very relaxed and invigorated. I experienced an increased sense of wellbeing and decreased levels of pain. My mind was very focused and clear. It was not unlike the way I feel after my Qigong teacher works on me. Both systems work with a set of points in the body that are common to Yoga, Thi Chi, Reflexology, and Acupuncture although these point may go by different names. Christine told me that Healing Touch refers to the Chakras,(sp.?).
These points and flows of energy have been understood by many cultures and are used in many forms of Healing. Healing Touch is the most recent to find its way to me and my efforts to heal myself. Maybe next time I’ll ask more about how it works. First I wanted to know if it works and it does for me.

@wsh66

How about if everyone who reads this fills in the blank. I don't feel pain when.....?

For me, I don't feel pain when I'm petting my dogs and they're showing me affection. Now you try it.

Jump to this post

I would have expected that from the screen name "sandytoes"! The coast does always seem to make things better.

My name is Georgia and I'm from Atlanta, Ga. I have arachnoiditis. Pain for 10 years and getting worse last 2 years. I'm close to not being able to walk now. You al are right about doctors blowing you off. I'm so desperate for pain relief, but now with this "opioid"crisis, seems can't get much more than baby aspirin.
I'm housebound in a recliner now; can barely make it to kichen, then standing is so painful.my left leg is useless. Good to know other people understand. Our families get so tired of us talking about pain, but how can you not when it is so bad.

Please sign in or register to post a reply.