Chronic Pain members - Welcome, please introduce yourself

Posted by Kelsey Mohring @kelseydm, Apr 27, 2016

Welcome to the new Chronic Pain group.

I’m Kelsey and I’m the moderator of the group. I look forwarding to welcoming you and introducing you to other members. Feel free to browse the topics or start a new one.

Why not take a minute and introduce yourself.

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Chronic Pain Support Group.

@parus

@jimhd Right there with you Jim. Overload strikes and I hide away for a while until I can slowly sort through the mountains of info/garbage. I hide away with my paint brushes...ah, sweet oblivion even if only for brief moments. I rely on my rice bags. A hot bath would be okay if I did not have to exit into the cold. Too much trouble to get in and out...I be a shower person. OMG this OGM gives TMI...tee-hee.

Jump to this post

@johnbishop That does look interesting. Teresa

@ella2000

Hi, I am new. I am relatively new to my chronic pain. I mean I have had my back issues for years but to me that was just something that was here and there type of pain.
Almost two years ago I went into the ER in the worst pain I have ever experienced(yes, worse than child birth) . I had two kidney stones, my first, I also had two ovarian cysts and was diagnosised with anemia. I know it's no where what others experience but since then I have constant pain. The pain is in my lower stomach but also can start under my ribs all the way down. It's a constant pain but some days I can deal while some it feels as if I am repeatly being kicked or stabbed in my stomach. My anemia has had me worn down. I did try iron pills but caused a bleeding ulcer. I recieved two iron infusions. I just moved about four months ago and so the process is restarting again. But some days I am ok and can do ok. Other days just doing one daily chore wears me down and can't do much.
I have chronic headaches 5/7 days. Sometimes the migraines come as well. I was also just recently diagnosised with hypothyroidism.
My back and hips are also an issue but I need to figure out more important things prior to dealing with that.
I just feel as if my whole body is fading away and not wanting to function. The difficult issue in all of this I do not know my health background, I am adopted. So this brings me to mayo and start my tests this coming week. I just hope to find out some answers.
Thanks for listening.

Jump to this post

Hello @ella2000 Ella, let me add my welcome to you. We are glad that you joined Mayo Connect. I am so sorry to hear of your multiple health problems - you are certainly dealing with a lot of chronic pain and other health issues.

I am glad that you are getting some testing at Mayo. They are good at putting a lot of puzzle pieces together and coming up with a way of helping people. We look forward to hearing from you again soon.

Teresa

@parus

@jimhd Right there with you Jim. Overload strikes and I hide away for a while until I can slowly sort through the mountains of info/garbage. I hide away with my paint brushes...ah, sweet oblivion even if only for brief moments. I rely on my rice bags. A hot bath would be okay if I did not have to exit into the cold. Too much trouble to get in and out...I be a shower person. OMG this OGM gives TMI...tee-hee.

Jump to this post

@dear john i think that the one in the ceiling would be much, much more safer to be used in a bathroom. but still i thank you very much.

@peach414144 I see myself fortunate to have a roof over my head and keeping my bills paid. Will keep my rice bag as a source of warmth. Certainly do not need another appliance running up the electric bill. Even a towel can be a luxury.

Acupuncture will also decrease one's finances.

@ella2000

Hi, I am new. I am relatively new to my chronic pain. I mean I have had my back issues for years but to me that was just something that was here and there type of pain.
Almost two years ago I went into the ER in the worst pain I have ever experienced(yes, worse than child birth) . I had two kidney stones, my first, I also had two ovarian cysts and was diagnosised with anemia. I know it's no where what others experience but since then I have constant pain. The pain is in my lower stomach but also can start under my ribs all the way down. It's a constant pain but some days I can deal while some it feels as if I am repeatly being kicked or stabbed in my stomach. My anemia has had me worn down. I did try iron pills but caused a bleeding ulcer. I recieved two iron infusions. I just moved about four months ago and so the process is restarting again. But some days I am ok and can do ok. Other days just doing one daily chore wears me down and can't do much.
I have chronic headaches 5/7 days. Sometimes the migraines come as well. I was also just recently diagnosised with hypothyroidism.
My back and hips are also an issue but I need to figure out more important things prior to dealing with that.
I just feel as if my whole body is fading away and not wanting to function. The difficult issue in all of this I do not know my health background, I am adopted. So this brings me to mayo and start my tests this coming week. I just hope to find out some answers.
Thanks for listening.

Jump to this post

Hi Justin,
I am not a picky eater at all. I am staying downtown near mayo but I do not have a car so will be walking everywhere.
Thank you for your help

@ella2000

Thanks for listening.

Jump to this post

John,
Thank you so much for the reply. I am not driving there this time. So no car. But I will be staying downtown near everything. I will certainly try some of those suggestions.
Thank you!

@ella2000

Thanks for listening.

Jump to this post

Here are a couple of more right downtown within walking distance that have good food:

Chester's Kitchen & Bar
http://chesterskb.com/locate

Pannekoeken Restuarant
https://www.pannekoeken-rochester.com/

Hi I’m Ginny
I have had back for 5months since a car accident
that totaled my car.
I have been doing PT for 5 months and have had
2 epidural injections. None of which has helped
the pain in my right hip area .
I would like to hear of other therapies that might
help rid this pain.

I am new to the group.My name is Pat. I have been taking morphine for about 10 years. It started after a severe fall which left me in chronic thoracic pain and a loss of 2" in 1 year. I was crying in pain all the time. What made it worse is nothing showed up on x-ray or MRI. Frustrating when you know something is wrong and they can't find it to attempt to fix it. After being on Percocet and needing more and more, the pain MD put me on long acting morphine plus quick acting morphine for breakthrough pain. I didn't have pain before the fall. Now, about 15 years later I have had both knees replaced, both shoulders replaced and now have spondylolisthesis in L5S1 which is very painful. Right after a cortisone shot in my low back, I can walk for about 1-2 months, gradually it wears off and I prefer to lie in bed or be in a chair. Walking is near impossible until the next cortisone injections. I used to be on a lot of morphine but have decreased my dose to 15 mg 2x/day which still helps. What I want is to switch to CBD with a little THC. It's been 8 months since I started using marijuana and I have yet to find that "sweet spot" you seem to talk about. I take 1/2 dropperful or .5 cc of CBD 2x/day. I also have a ittle edible THC. Perhaps I started the CBD dose a little high? I never did start off small and raise it until it was effective. How do you do that? Do you start with one drop for 2 weeks to see if there's any effect then go to 2 drops etc. I found .5 cc is not that many drops. Perhaps 3? Getting off the morphine is my primary objective. Doing it with the help of CBD would be ideal. Thank you for accepting me into this group. Any advice is appreciated.

Please sign in or register to post a reply.