Chronic Pain members - Welcome, please introduce yourself

Posted by Kelsey Mohring @kelseydm, Apr 27, 2016

Welcome to the new Chronic Pain group.

I’m Kelsey and I’m the moderator of the group. I look forwarding to welcoming you and introducing you to other members. Feel free to browse the topics or start a new one.

Why not take a minute and introduce yourself.

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Chronic Pain Support Group.

@boourbonman

I promised you all I would let you know when I got approved for Medical Marijuana. Judi and I did it. We then went down to Edgewater FL. and got two 500 mg bottles. $70 each. So we were suppose to start with 5 drops (each drop is a mg.) three times a day and slowly work up to 10 drops 3 times a day. Do the math. 16 days for $70. We are both at 5 drops 3 times a day and no relief. I sure hope it starts to ease our pain. Will Keep you posted.
Hoot

Jump to this post

How wonderful that you've adopted dogs! As we say in Yiddish, that's a true mitzvah. They must both be so happy with you. And how terrific that McNabb is your psychiatric service dog. A good friend of mine has trained her dog to be a psychiatric service dog, too, and she's happily working in Boston, with her dog at her side. What a difference a service dog makes!

I love puppies--and kittens--too, but yes, they are SO much more work than adult dogs and cats!

Our critters are definitely our family. We don't have kids. Or, rather, our kids have four legs.

I just saw that there was a "cat day" in Minnesota. Can't remember if it was in St. Paul (we lived there before we moved to Florida) or Minneapolis. Eleven thousand people turned out in the baseball park to watch cat videos and wear costumes and have a great time! I think this was the third time that's been done. My husband and I need to go back to MN to experience this some time!

Hazel

@boourbonman

I promised you all I would let you know when I got approved for Medical Marijuana. Judi and I did it. We then went down to Edgewater FL. and got two 500 mg bottles. $70 each. So we were suppose to start with 5 drops (each drop is a mg.) three times a day and slowly work up to 10 drops 3 times a day. Do the math. 16 days for $70. We are both at 5 drops 3 times a day and no relief. I sure hope it starts to ease our pain. Will Keep you posted.
Hoot

Jump to this post

Hi @jimhd We were in NW Indiana at the time, but I owe a ton of this to the support and assistance we received from her neuro-oncologist at Mayo, who worked closely with us all 14 years and often took the lead over my wife's GP. After living in Minnesota I can say the winters aren't all that bad up here either!

@boourbonman

Hoot

Jump to this post

I've lived in Bloomington, IN, and in St. Paul, MN. The winters in IN are GENTLE compared to those in St. Paul!

Hazel, who misses winter, although we do get snowflakes and sometimes the snow even sticks; temperatures in winter go down to about 19 degrees F, and we get killing frosts

@boourbonman

Hoot

Jump to this post

help, HELP, HELP, I AM RECEIVING 67 G MAILS FROM MAYO CLINIC . HELP I CANNOT KEEP UP WITH IT. AM I THE ONLY ONE THAT THIS HAPPENING TO?

@boourbonman

Hoot

Jump to this post

Click Unsubscribe at the bottom of any of emails and that should do it. The other way is to click on your profile at the top of the Connect window to the left of Request Appointment and select Account Settings. Then go to the bottom and Edit your Notifications to stop being notified.

John

@boourbonman

Hoot

Jump to this post

dear hazel, i enjoy your tweets so much. informative, interesting, enjoyable and right on the button. thank you for your insight. peach (barbara)

@boourbonman

Hoot

Jump to this post

@hazelblumberg A 19 degree F winter day in IN sounds like a spring day in Michigan!

Teresa

@boourbonman

Hoot

Jump to this post

Thanks for caring and sharing @hazelblumberg, I have done one adoption with mixed success. Not against the idea.....just want to make sure I am strong enough to care for a pet.

@boourbonman

Hoot

Jump to this post

thank you. working on it. it takes hours every day. thanks again peach

@boourbonman

Hoot

Jump to this post

thank you again. this 80 year old has problems sometimes keeping up with the computer era. suprised i can do what i am doing but the computer helps keep the mind awake. .

Please sign in or register to post a reply.