[Tip] Complete or Update Your Profile
Your profile is all about you. In your profile, you can upload a picture of yourself and add a few sentences that describe (your bio) to the rest of the community. Why don’t you add a picture and tell us a bit about yourself. Here’s how.
How to Update Your Profile
Personalize your account. You can change you name, bio, profile picture and background. Here’s how.
1. Go to your Profile.
Click your avatar in the top right and select Account Settings from the drop-down menu.
On a mobile device, click the Menu symbol and select “My Account”.
2. Click EDIT and you’ll be able to edit your:
- Name (optional)
- Bio (Tell us about you. Max 500 characters.)
- Profile photo
- Banner image (Choose from the options.)
3. Click SAVE PROFILE.
4. Click “I’m Done Editing.”
BONUS TIP: On your profile page, you will also see:
1. Groups and Pages that you follow.
- See the Group Directory here and meet others talking about the same things you’re interested in.
- Pages are blogs written by Mayo Clinic experts. See the Page Directory here. This is a new feature on Connect. Revisit the Pages directory often as we are always adding new pages.
- Learn how to follow a Group or Page so they will appear in your daily digest.
- Posts you have made
2. Your activity history.
- Scroll down on your profile page and you will see all the posts you’ve ever made on Connect. This can be helpful to find the group and discussion thread where you posted a message (in case you’ve forgotten.)
- Click on someone else’s profile and you will see the posts that they’ve made.