Undifferentiated Pleomorphic Sarcoma

Posted by me67 @me67, Mar 3, 2017

I have been diagnosed with pleomorphic sarcoma. Is there anyone on this site that has had this cancer or has it now? I would like to talk to you. Thank you

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Sarcoma Support Group.

In reply to @ddbumb "Thank you!!" + (show)
@ddbumb

Thank you!!

Jump to this post

Hi ddbumb wondering how you are going & what treatment you are having. My husband has UPS, has had doxorubicin which slowed it down a bit. Has been on Pazopanib for 3mths (didn't work, some doubled in size) today gemcitabine & docetaxel. Oncologist says no to Trabecadin as it is not proven! Would like to hear from others who have taken Trabecadin. Mickay

@mickay

Hi ddbumb wondering how you are going & what treatment you are having. My husband has UPS, has had doxorubicin which slowed it down a bit. Has been on Pazopanib for 3mths (didn't work, some doubled in size) today gemcitabine & docetaxel. Oncologist says no to Trabecadin as it is not proven! Would like to hear from others who have taken Trabecadin. Mickay

Jump to this post

Hi Mickay
Dad has UPS (unknown primary but bilateral lung mets), been on Trabectadin as first line for 12 months hardly any side effects, has pump through PICC line for 24hrs every 3 weeks - mets being held back/shrinkage so treatment continues. This is in Velindre Cardiff, South Wales, UK

@gemmalt

Hi Mickay
Dad has UPS (unknown primary but bilateral lung mets), been on Trabectadin as first line for 12 months hardly any side effects, has pump through PICC line for 24hrs every 3 weeks - mets being held back/shrinkage so treatment continues. This is in Velindre Cardiff, South Wales, UK

Jump to this post

Thankyou very much gemmalt for responding. I will again put this to my husband's Oncologist. Please keep me updated if possible. Good luck with all treatment.
Mickay

@scrowe200, I'm thinking of you as you recovery from surgery for undifferentiated pleomorphic
sarcoma. I hope you are doing well and look forward to hearing from you when you're ready to post an update.

@colleenyoung

@scrowe200, I'm thinking of you as you recovery from surgery for undifferentiated pleomorphic
sarcoma. I hope you are doing well and look forward to hearing from you when you're ready to post an update.

Jump to this post

The surgery went well, so far no problems. It's been 5 days. No pain, just very sore when I move my arm .
I'm very active and the only concern is remembering that I am dragging a lunch box like catch all with tube from my wound. Tomorrow the wound VAC is changed and a new one in place. I was cautioned that if I hear an alarm, the air barrier on the wound has a breach and I will need to reattach a new VAC! Wow!! I can't imagine doing this! Has this happened to anyone else and how did they manage this in a short period of time??

Please sign in or register to post a reply.