Pulmonary Fibrosis*

Posted by tetreaulta5 @tetreaulta5, Feb 25, 2012

Is there any one out there that has PF?

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Lung Health Support Group.

@inspiration

I was diagnosed with IPF 16 years ago. Since then I have only been taking acid reflux pills (2) per day. I work out in a gym 3 times/week and don't seem to lose my breath. When walking, I do. My doctor advises that I should take Esbriet but I am reluctant. My heart is strong and I sleep 7-8 hrs./night. I am at an impass as to what to do. I am 76. My symptoms increased slightly in 2013

Jump to this post

hi, i have been on Esbriet 18 months. very pleased with results i also use O2 24-7 some side effects but do-able,recently reduced to 6 caps aday 270mg.breathing test have improved! go for it

In reply to @loisblo "I have IPF." + (show)
@loisblo

I have IPF.

Jump to this post

how long since your diagnosis? i have going on five yrs. i posted nov. 2016 some detail

I first was diagnosed with pulmonary hypertension and in trying to find out what was causing that, they found it was IPF, So about 4 years since the beginning. Are you on oxygen yet?

Hi @oliver22, thanks for welcoming new member @loisblo.
Let me introduce you to a few other Connect member who have been talking about pulmonary fibrosis @nancyligon @pd02 @powderpuf @inspiration @muskiemama @chicoco @jvivian @mairi.

Are you on oxygen?

What are the types of examination can give ACCURATELY diagnosing of PF?
@spicegirl,
@colleenyoung

@inspiration

I was diagnosed with IPF 16 years ago. Since then I have only been taking acid reflux pills (2) per day. I work out in a gym 3 times/week and don't seem to lose my breath. When walking, I do. My doctor advises that I should take Esbriet but I am reluctant. My heart is strong and I sleep 7-8 hrs./night. I am at an impass as to what to do. I am 76. My symptoms increased slightly in 2013

Jump to this post

dear @inspiration
what is the relation between acid reflux pills which you used and IPF?
do you have gatsrIicproblems causing IPF?

@hishamhussain

What are the types of examination can give ACCURATELY diagnosing of PF?
@spicegirl,
@colleenyoung

Jump to this post

Hello @hishamhussain. While I see that you tagged spicegirl and Colleen Young, here are the techniques used by Mayo Clinic to diagnose Pulmonary Fibrosis, http://mayocl.in/2jiwXcU.

Have you had issues with an inaccurate diagnosis regarding PF in the past?

@colleenyoung

Hi @oliver22, thanks for welcoming new member @loisblo.
Let me introduce you to a few other Connect member who have been talking about pulmonary fibrosis @nancyligon @pd02 @powderpuf @inspiration @muskiemama @chicoco @jvivian @mairi.

Are you on oxygen?

Jump to this post

yes 24-7 5 ltrs pulse setting for 3 yrs

@inspiration

Jump to this post

@inpiration
Could you please tel me why you use acid reflex pills?
do you have GERD or Digestive problems?
and what the relation between PF and acid reflex pills?

Please sign in or register to post a reply.