I am overwhelmed. My husband has had one psychologist diagnose him with OCPD. His raging has been increasing in intensity and duration. After months of trying, he has finally agreed to give the psychiatry team at Mayo a try. 1.5 years ago he agreed and was accepted to schedule but changed his mind-not unusual. He trusts Mayo as that is where many family members have been treated for nonpsychological conditions with success. “They probably don’t hire quacks.”
I call to get an appointment and was informed he would need to be accepted again. After waiting 2.5 weeks, and surprisingly hubby asked often if we had heard back, we were informed today that Mayo will not see him and we should ask his gp for a referral to a local-which hubby refuses to do because they are “all quacks.”
I’m at a loss. Him being open to help was huge. I am tired of being verbally abused and having a bag packed to leave when he rages. I worked so hard to get him to agree to Mayo and now that seems unavailable.
Where do I turn?