Mayo Clinic Connect
Is the news correct about implants and cancer
Given the recent alerts and new articles, I can imagine your concern about breast implants and the development of breast-implant associated anaplastic large cell lymphoma (BIA-ALCL), an uncommon cancer of the immune system.
Here are some evidence-based articles to help you unpack the media information:
– Is there any connection between breast implants and cancer? And if so, how serious is the risk? https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/womens-health/expert-answers/breast-implants-and-cancer/faq-20057774 by Sandhya Pruthi, M.D., Mayo Clinic expert
– Breast Implant-Associated Anaplastic Large Cell Lymphoma (BIA-ALCL) https://www.fda.gov/MedicalDevices/ProductsandMedicalProcedures/ImplantsandProsthetics/BreastImplants/ucm239995.htm FDA Report
– Breast Implants Have Been Linked to a Rare Cancer in Even More Cases https://www.sciencealert.com/more-cancer-cases-have-now-been-linked-to-breast-implants-reports-fda Science Alert
Here are some of the key points:
– The exact nature of the link between implants and ALCL, or even if the relationship is strictly causative, is yet to be convincingly established.
– While research continues to dig further for answers, health organisations are calling for caution.
– Not all implants seem to carry the same risks.
@huey, do you have implants? Have you talked to your surgeon about them?
Yes, I have implants and will talk to my surgeon at my next appt
Jump to this post
Hi I to had breast implants for 23years I got very sick fungus infection c-diff pain in lymph nodes bacteria infection the list goes on I explained 10 days ago on the road to recovery this illness is silent
Hi, did you have them removed?
Liked by gina1963
Yes 10 days ago I
version 184.108.40.206.9.2Page loaded in 0.911 seconds