New sputum results. Have to make a decision.
Not sure if I'm putting this out there in proper format but need some guidance. Have not been on antibiotics for about 6 months. Was on big 3 for 6 weeks and taken off because of weight loss and other side affects. Changed pulmonary doctor and everything was looking great. Began nebulizing 3% saline along with aerobika.. Had been doing great. Minimal coughing, getting energy back, eating better etc. Got portal message from doctor today. Pseudomonas found with 3 colonies and 2 are resistant to Levaquin. Doc posed two options. 1) Place PICC line and start IV antibiotics for 14 days as well as 28 days of nebulized antibiotic. or 2) do only nebulized antibiotic if want to suppress rather than eradicate. What could be the benefit to surppress VS eradicate (ability to tolerate antibiotics?). Any suggestions on what questions to ask the doctor tomorrow is appreciated. Want to get as many questions answered right off the bat.