My husband was diagnosed with esophageal cancer about 12 weeks ago.
He still has another week before surgery because of all the doctors to see and tests to have done. When he saw the surgeon (Emory) he was told we needed to move fast because if the tumor grows all the way across the esophagus it would be a very bad situation. He still has a week until the surgery and swallowing has gotten to be almost impossible. I’m afraid we’ve already waited too long (but I’m not sure what that means and I don’t know who to ask). Any thoughts would be appreciated.