Living with Neuropathy - Welcome to the group

Welcome to the Neuropathy group.
This is a welcoming, safe place where you can meet other people who are dealing with neuropathy. Let’s learn from each other and share stories about living well with neuropathy, coping with the challenges and offering tips.

I’m Colleen, and I’m the moderator of this group, and Community Director of Connect. Chances are you’ll to be greeted by volunteer patient Mentor John (@johnbishop) and fellow members when you post to this group. Learn more about Moderators and Mentors on Connect.

We look forward to welcoming you and introducing you to other members. Feel free to browse the topics or start a new one.
Let’s chat. Why not start by introducing yourself? What concerns would you like to talk about?

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Neuropathy Support Group.

@arlenejc

Is there anything new on the horizon that gives hope to relieving the pain of neuropathy in feet?

Jump to this post

Hello @arlenejc, Welcome to Connect. I think you ask a great question that a lot of us would love to know the answer. There are a few discussions that you might find helpful since a lot of us are searching for the answer to the question of relieving pain and symptoms of neuropathy.

> Groups > Neuropathy > Ideas for pain relief from Small Fiber Neuropathy (SFN)
-- https://connect.mayoclinic.org/discussion/ideas-for-pain-from-small-fiber-neuropathy/
> Groups > Neuropathy > Scientific research and scholarly papers on Small Fiber Neuropathy
-- https://connect.mayoclinic.org/discussion/scientific-research-and-scholarly-papers-on-small-fiber-neuropathy/
> Groups > Neuropathy > Stem Cell Therapy for Neuropathy
-- https://connect.mayoclinic.org/discussion/stem-cell-therapy-for-neuropahy/

Have you found any treatments or therapy that has helped relieve some of the neuropathy pain in your feet?

I was just diagnosed with neuropathy. I’m in a lot of pain with numbness, tingling etc. I know it’s due to my alcoholism and have stopped drinking. What can I do outside of prescribed meds to give me a little comfort with the aches, pains tingling, etc. Since this is so new to me, I’m looking for some facts before I deal with the emotional side of it.

@dawn67

I was just diagnosed with neuropathy. I’m in a lot of pain with numbness, tingling etc. I know it’s due to my alcoholism and have stopped drinking. What can I do outside of prescribed meds to give me a little comfort with the aches, pains tingling, etc. Since this is so new to me, I’m looking for some facts before I deal with the emotional side of it.

Jump to this post

Hello. I'm very sorry to hear of your diagnosis and pain. Congratulations on stopping alcohol. Huge step! For now, while you learn more about medications and neuropathy, I suggest ice or heat for pain depending on type of pain and needs. Topical creams with cbd/thc, lidocaine cream or patches, Topricin Fibro/Neuropathy cream, PT for myofacial release, massage, gentle stretching, warm bath with epsom salts or essential oils, rest. Hope this helps. Everyone is different so you really will have to experiment to find what is best for you. Best of luck.
Rachel

@dawn67

Jump to this post

@dawn67

Can you tell us where you have pain and numbness and tingling? The most obvious signs of neuropathy are tingling up to my knees, burning pain in my feet and ankles, and numbness in my feet. My doctor checked my pain response, I found that I have reduced sensation in my fingertips and face. Are there other medical conditions you're dealing with? I think that most of us do.

If you read back through this discussion you'll find lots of ways people treat their symptoms.

I had been treated for depression, anxiety and PTSD and suicidal ideation for several years before neuropathy hit. I've found that there can certainly be a connection between physical and mental pain. That is, one affects the other.

Jim

@jimhd

@dawn67

Can you tell us where you have pain and numbness and tingling? The most obvious signs of neuropathy are tingling up to my knees, burning pain in my feet and ankles, and numbness in my feet. My doctor checked my pain response, I found that I have reduced sensation in my fingertips and face. Are there other medical conditions you're dealing with? I think that most of us do.

If you read back through this discussion you'll find lots of ways people treat their symptoms.

I had been treated for depression, anxiety and PTSD and suicidal ideation for several years before neuropathy hit. I've found that there can certainly be a connection between physical and mental pain. That is, one affects the other.

Jim

Jump to this post

Bali Kratom will take care of your problems! Did mine! Its a plant supplement

@dawn67

Jump to this post

I have had neuropathy for 6 years now so I can relate to what you are going through. I have found that CBD salves help more than anything else on my feet. There are different strengths so I suggest giving those a try.

@arlenejc

I have had neuropathy for 6 years now so I can relate to what you are going through. I have found that CBD salves help more than anything else on my feet. There are different strengths so I suggest giving those a try.

Jump to this post

Use red Kratom! It’s a plant supplement! Only thing working for my neuropathy!

@wilcy

Use red Kratom! It’s a plant supplement! Only thing working for my neuropathy!

Jump to this post

Where do you get it? Please share this.

@maryv449

Where do you get it? Please share this.

Jump to this post

I get mine at marijuana dispensary! The red Kratom is for pain! It is working! Don’t know if you can get at health food store! This is not marijuana ! Have tried shots, Gabapentin etc for my periferal neuropathy! Did nothing for pain! I live in Oklahoma! This is working!

Hello Everyone!
Thanks for your welcome. I’ve had neuropathic pain since 2014 due a Spinal Cord Stroke at the T3 in July. As a result I’m unable to feel temperature of hot and cold and physical pain. It’s exhausting right now but God is my only Strength.

Please sign in or register to post a reply.