Hx FAP, resection at 10. December 2017 GERDS 24/7. Meds not helping.

Posted by vickie53 @vickie53, Aug 23, 2018

FAP with resection at 10,ileum pullthru at 23, tumor Ampulla 41, EGD 2018 with polyps from stomach to end of small intestine. MAIN problem looking for help with
Acid reflux.It is 24/7 since December 2017.I have been on protonic,carafate, dexilant all at same time with no relief. I tried GI Encaps,probiotics 50 billion and 16 strains, digestive enzymes. I am considering the LINX procedure when I switch to Medicare G the 1st September. I have an extensive health history.My other insurance has left me with numerous bills. Will be 65. I have questioned whether I should go to Mayo or what to do.I have developed 75 food allergies so I try to do chicken soup, oatmeal, potatoes and eggs. But also allergic to these foods. Drink water. I am suspicious I have low stomach acid since I did a baking soda test. They say cold stops secretion of acid. I am at a loss what to do.I am so tired of this. I would like to lay flat one night and sleep more than 4 hours at 2 hour intervals. I have IBS with bile stools 5 minutes after eating or taking pills. Any suggestions?

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Digestive Health Support Group.

@coquifoife

I had not heard of LINX. I had a fundoplication 9 years ago. I also have gastroparesis and esophagitis. I’m scheduled for a G-POEM procedure at Emory 9/27. I will look into LINX at Emory. Best of luck to you.

Jump to this post

Good luck tomorrow.

Please sign in or register to post a reply.