Help! I need advice: Coagulated blood under my skin after a fall

Posted by lanceclay @lanceclay, Oct 17, 2021

4 years ago I fell off a skateboard and hit my head, I broke 5 ribs and punctured my lungs and had a severe gash on my head. I lost a lot of blood.
Drs are not helping . I have coagulated blood under my skin that causes great pain and sores to break through the skin on my arms and face and earlobe. Behind my ear is a bump full of coagulated blood that causes me great pain, that seems to cause blood to come from out of my earlobe. I feel this is somehow caused by the fall injury. My hematologist found I have factor v leidon but thinks the coagulated blood is not related.I have Low iron. It has been 4 years and I am in constant pain. I am desperate for help.

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Blood Cancers & Disorders group.

@lanceclay Welcome to Mayo Clinic Connect. We're glad you found us! You've already been advised we are not medical doctors, os I can answer from a member/patient viewpoint only.

Have you had a complete physical in those four years, to make sure there is nothing else going on? Here is an article from the Mayo Clinic website that speaks about the Factor V Leiden you referred to: Having a low iron [hemoglobin] count can certainly affect your system; what is your doctor doing for that, what has been suggested? Constant pain is not something you should have to live with!

Please let me know what you find out.

Please sign in or register to post a reply.
  Request Appointment