Heart Failure

Posted by lorianndes @lorianndes, Mar 19, 2012

My husband was recently diagnosed with heart failure (Cardiomyopathy). He’s only 46. They implanted a difibrillator and are treating him with medication but he doesn’t seem to be getting better. He was just discharged from the hospital last Tuesday and I know it will take awhile for recuperation but it’s frightening not knowing if the medication is helping or not. If anyone with any experience to this process could tell me their story I would greatly appreciate it. I’m also thinking about making an appointment at the Mayo Clinic. Any suggestions?

I would make an appt. with mayo clinic thats were i went to minniasota for my heart sugray. I did not need a difibrillator or pacemaker at all. I would go.

@condoline

I would strongly urge him to take 400 – 1000 mg daily of CoQ10. The body manufactures this but as we get older we don’t get enough for the optimum functioning of the electron chain in the mitochondria of the cells. Cardiologists in Japan and Europe use it for heart failure treatment but not much in this country because they don’t know much about it, and they don’t know much about it because of lack of research (as you know, most research here is funded by drug companies which of course have zero interest in CoQ10 because it is a natural substance which cannot be patented and therefore wouldn’t make much money for them). CoQ is not a cure-all but it absolutely will not interact with your husband’s drugs nor will it harm him in any way whatsoever. And if he is on statins, maybe he should reconsider their use; statins are fantastic but also very dangerous drugs which most cardiologists do not understand and therefore prescribe to people where the risk/benefit ratio is not in the patient’s favor.Statins can kill.

Jump to this post

Hi Condoline-What are you doing about the pulmonary fibrosis? I too have been lucky to have it also. I found a wed site http://www.biomedicalabs.com and was wondering if you know any thing about them?

@condoline

I would strongly urge him to take 400 – 1000 mg daily of CoQ10. The body manufactures this but as we get older we don’t get enough for the optimum functioning of the electron chain in the mitochondria of the cells. Cardiologists in Japan and Europe use it for heart failure treatment but not much in this country because they don’t know much about it, and they don’t know much about it because of lack of research (as you know, most research here is funded by drug companies which of course have zero interest in CoQ10 because it is a natural substance which cannot be patented and therefore wouldn’t make much money for them). CoQ is not a cure-all but it absolutely will not interact with your husband’s drugs nor will it harm him in any way whatsoever. And if he is on statins, maybe he should reconsider their use; statins are fantastic but also very dangerous drugs which most cardiologists do not understand and therefore prescribe to people where the risk/benefit ratio is not in the patient’s favor.Statins can kill.

Jump to this post

There is not one thing that can be done about pulmonary fibrosis. I recall looking into some of the compounds from Biomedical Labs because I know very well how “sniffy” the medical profession gets about alternative medicine. And I remember coming to the conclusion that I want nothing to do with that company’s lung products. In fact there is one case of acute respiratory failure from use of serrapeptase. The fact that something is sold over the counter does not mean that it is safe.

I see that CoQ10 is in some of the products. That is made by the body and it is essential for the functioning of the electron chain in the mitochondria of all our cells; any senior citizen and anybody of any age on statins needs to take plenty of it (I’m on 1000 per day in three installments), and also take acetyl L-carnitine, important in fat metabolism. Doctors probably won’t mention either one to you because they are sold over the counter, but if you mention them they will nod in approval ( or look up the acetyl L-carnitine and then nod in approval as mine did, in fact saying “keep it up” ). Neither of these helps with the lung disease, but a deficiency can surely cause your health a whole lot of trouble. I wish I had an answer. I only know that statins can cause the disease (see the European Medicines Agency on the subject) but don’t quit “cold turkey” because that could kill.

@condoline

Jump to this post

Thanks for the reply. I just found out that I have PF through lots of test. My oxygen level drops drasticly from 98 to 84 doing any kind of activity I”m only 66 and its hard to accept that its true. The web site was given to me by a friend and thanks for the comments.

Hope you made an appt. to see which one you have. I had the one that was reparable.

Please login or register to post a reply.