Have you experienced Any Side Effects from Metformin 500 mg 2XDay?

Posted by Gene Ames, Jr. @gamesjr, Mon, Jan 7 5:40pm

Has anyone experienced excessive sleepiness or lassitude or other bad side effects from 2 Metformin 500 mg per day ? Or any side effects from Trulicity?

Metformin did upset my stomach for about a month or 2 when I started on it. I am now on 850 mg twice a day, and it took another month or so to get used to that also–no other side effects for me.

Metformin is nasty. Even just on a single 500 mg dose in the evening, In addition to fatigue and constant headaches, I had horrible stomach upsets all day, every day for over two months before I gave up. Metformin is often the first treatment given because it is very cheap and practitioners just prescribe it out of habit. If you are still having difficulty tolerating it, work with your medical team to find a better alternative for you.

@gamesjr Hi Gene, and welcome to Connect.
I was on Metformin for a while a few years ago but never had any negative effects from it. I reached a point though where it was no longer needed so now I just control my blood sugar through diet. I was also on 500 mg, two times a day. At one point when I was on prednisone temporarily, I had to increase to 850 mg.
I have never been on Trulicity.
JK

Please login or register to post a reply.