Gratitude Discussion Group

Posted by Debbra Williams, Alumna Mentor @debbraw, Nov 24, 2018

Hi everyone! Just before Thanksgiving @michellegraffradford posted a blog called Gratitude Changes Everything. She suggested three techniques to help incorporate gratitude into our daily lives:

• Start the Day with Gratitude (before getting up think of three people you are grateful for)

• Maintain a Gratitude Journal to record times when you are grateful

• Count Blessings – not sheep! (Review the day and remember moments of gratitude)

Her blogpost was so inspiring that a lot of us decided we wanted to form a Gratitude Group to keep the attitude of gratitude going. The blogpost area is not an ideal space for a big discussion group so I am moving the discussion over here to the “Just Want to Talk” Group. Let’s use this space to share and discuss our Gratitude Journey. I’m going to suggest that we each try to take a minute from the day and post here what has made us feel thankful today. It can be as small as a stranger’s smile on the bus or as large as fulfilling a major life dream – or anywhere in between. We can also discuss how we are doing with the three techniques. Sometimes it is easier to form new habits with support from others.

Michelle's full blogpost is at the link below. You may want to review it or print it out to help get started!
https://connect.mayoclinic.org/page/living-with-mild-cognitive-impairment-mci/newsfeed/gratitude-changes-everything/

I look forward to hearing from others in the Gratitude Group and to having others join us here! Thanks to those who already shared great stories. If you haven't yet, what gratitude will you share today?!

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Just Want to Talk Support Group.

@contentandwell

@funcountess I just googled it and there are 5 pound Hershey bars. There are also 10 pound Toblerone bars!
JK

Jump to this post

Contentandwell,
I just googled it also, did you see the price$60.00, will it melt during delivery?
Lucky I’m not a big candy eater.
I’m still amazed, so much candy.
Take care

@funcountess

Oh my gosh, really, 5 pound Hershey bars. Are they a special order? I guess amazon has them.
I guess Jake was not kidding. He’s such a joker, you never know when to believe him, or is he joking. I’m sure he’s laughing right now.
90 pounds is a lot to lose, not to mention keeping it off.
I’ve never had a weight problem, am a small eater.
Right now having a garden problem. Very frustrating.
Take care,
Funcountess

Jump to this post

@funcountess
I NEVER kid around about candy!
The three candy bars at the top bottom of the picture depending on if the picture is right side up or not are regular size candy bars. The 6 at the bottom are Halloween size. I ordered it directly from Hersheys. Although I almost bought a 10 pound chocolate bar from Amazon. Want one or two?
Jake

@funcountess

Contentandwell,
I just googled it also, did you see the price$60.00, will it melt during delivery?
Lucky I’m not a big candy eater.
I’m still amazed, so much candy.
Take care

Jump to this post

@funcountess
That candy bar is nothing compared to my stash. I have 5 pounds of See’s too. At least I should, it wouldn't fit in the freezer and who knows if he he's eaten it. if so his life as he knows it is over. I have 16 kinds in my living room. Losing that weight was tough but I was determined. I had four different size clothes and got rid of all the ones except the ones that fit me now so I better not gain any weight.
No, I’m definitely not a fan of walking. when I was swimming I used to drive across the street to the little market to get ice cream everybody used to make fun of me for driving across the street. I don’t understand why you think I’m a joker?
Jake

@jakedduck1

@funcountess
I NEVER kid around about candy!
The three candy bars at the top bottom of the picture depending on if the picture is right side up or not are regular size candy bars. The 6 at the bottom are Halloween size. I ordered it directly from Hersheys. Although I almost bought a 10 pound chocolate bar from Amazon. Want one or two?
Jake

Jump to this post

@jakedduck1 Hope you don't eat it all at once or you,LL put that 90lbs back on

I am Thankful for God's love and his forgiveness. I am also thankful for all my children and grandchildren, my family, church family, and all my friends that have been there for me. I am also thankful for the connect mayo clinic, I have been very fortunate to have met everyone on here.

@tmmmrlts

I am Thankful for God's love and his forgiveness. I am also thankful for all my children and grandchildren, my family, church family, and all my friends that have been there for me. I am also thankful for the connect mayo clinic, I have been very fortunate to have met everyone on here.

Jump to this post

@tmmmrlts As I have read many of your posts, I'm grateful for your attitude and persistence to live life to the fullest!

I am grateful for the 100% cacao unsweetened baking chocolate. This I have as a treat-1 square cut into fourths and slowly melting in my mouth is delicious-to me. I picked some up yesterday and enjoyed it a reward for finishing mt task list.

Made it to the urologist and I am still cancer free. I have been impressed with how things are being handled with the COVID19. Those on the front lines are doing all they can to keep us safe and put us at ease when we go for appointments. For now face masks are a way of life. At first it felt awkward and now it has become an essential part of my day when out and about. I am thankful for the senior hours too!!!
Even in these difficult times there is much to be grateful about.

@parus that is wonderful glad to hear you are cancer free . Hope you had a celebration for yourself. I got a call today from my Dr.s office they want me to come in tomorrow for some kind of test . Could hardly hear the person that called so will find out tomorrow .

@parus

Made it to the urologist and I am still cancer free. I have been impressed with how things are being handled with the COVID19. Those on the front lines are doing all they can to keep us safe and put us at ease when we go for appointments. For now face masks are a way of life. At first it felt awkward and now it has become an essential part of my day when out and about. I am thankful for the senior hours too!!!
Even in these difficult times there is much to be grateful about.

Jump to this post

I'm so glad that you shared your good report, @parus. Yes, you are right when you say, "Even in these difficult times there is much to be grateful about." Thanks for reminding us of that!

Please sign in or register to post a reply.