Gratitude Discussion Group

Posted by Debbra Williams, Alumna Mentor @debbraw, Nov 24, 2018

Hi everyone! Just before Thanksgiving @michellegraffradford posted a blog called Gratitude Changes Everything. She suggested three techniques to help incorporate gratitude into our daily lives:

• Start the Day with Gratitude (before getting up think of three people you are grateful for)

• Maintain a Gratitude Journal to record times when you are grateful

• Count Blessings – not sheep! (Review the day and remember moments of gratitude)

Her blogpost was so inspiring that a lot of us decided we wanted to form a Gratitude Group to keep the attitude of gratitude going. The blogpost area is not an ideal space for a big discussion group so I am moving the discussion over here to the “Just Want to Talk” Group. Let’s use this space to share and discuss our Gratitude Journey. I’m going to suggest that we each try to take a minute from the day and post here what has made us feel thankful today. It can be as small as a stranger’s smile on the bus or as large as fulfilling a major life dream – or anywhere in between. We can also discuss how we are doing with the three techniques. Sometimes it is easier to form new habits with support from others.

Michelle's full blogpost is at the link below. You may want to review it or print it out to help get started!
https://connect.mayoclinic.org/page/living-with-mild-cognitive-impairment-mci/newsfeed/gratitude-changes-everything/

I look forward to hearing from others in the Gratitude Group and to having others join us here! Thanks to those who already shared great stories. If you haven't yet, what gratitude will you share today?!

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Just Want to Talk Support Group.

@gingers I saw where it is in the 39,s that's cold yesterday going to movies it was so windy I had my winter coat on and gloves the movie was good Stay in and warm Take heart it will warm up

@lioness

@jakedduck1 I was away today so didn't reply but have read them now And Leonard you can do this have confidence in yourself . Roast with potatoes and carrots onion sounds delicious and easy peasy in a slow cocker . Add a parsnip to it We have faith in you . Just do it. saw a good movie today Green Book

Jump to this post

I really want to see Green Book. I've heard it is good!

An added parsnip would be good!

@lioness

@gingers I saw where it is in the 39,s that's cold yesterday going to movies it was so windy I had my winter coat on and gloves the movie was good Stay in and warm Take heart it will warm up

Jump to this post

@lioness
My heater vents have icicles in them I think. It is bone chilling cold up here, 31.
Jake

@gingerw

Today I am grateful for the heater in the house. Until I moved here last July, I lived in an apartment where I could not use the heater due to faulty issues the management refused to fix. So it was just bundle up when it was cold. Although it is 38° which does not feel very cool to those of you in the East, it is pretty chilly for this little neighborhood here. My husband put his insulated pants on over his clothes in order to ride his motorcycle this morning. I am grateful to be able to feel the cold, and know that I have clothes to wear in layers and bundle up.
Ginger

Jump to this post

I am in Iowa, and we keep the motorcycle parked unless it's in the 50's. Kudos to your husband for riding today!
Blessings,
JoDee

@jakedduck1

@lioness
My heater vents have icicles in them I think. It is bone chilling cold up here, 31.
Jake

Jump to this post

It's 14° with a wind-chill of 3°. I'm thankful that my job is inside and that I have heated carseats. Lol
Blessings,
JoDee

@jodeej

It's 14° with a wind-chill of 3°. I'm thankful that my job is inside and that I have heated carseats. Lol
Blessings,
JoDee

Jump to this post

@jodeej It is 42 now, at 8:30 a.m. and headed out to do errands. Layered and gloved!
Ginger

@jodeej

I am in Iowa, and we keep the motorcycle parked unless it's in the 50's. Kudos to your husband for riding today!
Blessings,
JoDee

Jump to this post

@jodeej Bill rides everyday to work unless it is raining. He has 2 different bikes, Goldwing has 180,000 miles on it, and gets gas mileage like a car, but it has a taller fairing so is a nicer ride in the cold. He wears a heated jacket and gloves, so that helps.

@lioness

Jump to this post

@lioness Not worried about the weather. Got errands to do!
Ginger

@jakedduck1

@lioness
Jake

Jump to this post

@jakedduck1 Good day to put the roast in slowcoocker yum yum

@gingerw

@jodeej Bill rides everyday to work unless it is raining. He has 2 different bikes, Goldwing has 180,000 miles on it, and gets gas mileage like a car, but it has a taller fairing so is a nicer ride in the cold. He wears a heated jacket and gloves, so that helps.

Jump to this post

@gingerw Love The Goldwings When we where on vacation in the Smokey Mrs a bunch of bikers ride cross country and stopped there We had smaller Honda,s for the woods

Please sign in or register to post a reply.