Fibromyalgia pain: Let's connect

Posted by clownscrytoo @clownscrytoo, Oct 22, 2016

Is there anyone here that suffers from fibro? I had the 'tender spot test' several years ago and I had 17 out of the 18. I try my hardest to get through the pain with my 4 hydrocodone/acetaminaphine pills a day, Tiger Balm rubbed into areas that are the worst, light exercises, and distracting myself with hobbies or chores, etc; but there are many occasions where none of that helps and I spend most of the day holding down the couch, getting up about 30-45 minutes after that, walking/standing around the house for 15-20 minutes, or sitting for about 15-30 min. I do not drive and my husband works 6 days a week, overtime almost every day, so I'm alone a lot. my wonderful husband is very supportive and I am very grateful for that, but my only other friends are online, out of state, and I will probably never even get to meet them. when extreme pain takes over, my depression takes over and it is so difficult to find hope. does anyone have tips for fibro, whether diet or over-the-counter meds (I've tried them all, I think), or anything, besides hobbies and such? I've tried every over-the-counter med, and the Tiger Balm does cover some of what the pain pill doesn't help, but I'm hoping one of our members might have some knowledge that could help. I'd really appreciate it.
hugz,
Clownscrytoo

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Fibromyalgia Support Group.

@lioness Thank you for sharing about your experience. Messed w/ my head too and was told I was making it up and imagining things (I was on Lyrica!!). Everyone has been so helpful. Others have mentioned the Malic. Is this something that is an OTC?? I am into natural too. I was using CBD but just could not justify to myself spending that kind of $$$. It did help but I think the companies may be taking advantage of consumers. It helped but not for what it costs.
I am past that “no pain, no gain” age. There are good kinds of pain and the kind that says “don’t do this”. I have missed my pencils and drawing today. Tomorrow will be better 😊

I enjoyed what you said, @parus, "I am past that 'no pain, no gain age." Me too! Here is to pain-free living (or as much as is possible).
This is just a thought, I'm not a medical professional, but you mentioned you stopped the CBD, do you think that some of the anxiety might be related to going off of it?

@parus

@lioness Thank you for sharing about your experience. Messed w/ my head too and was told I was making it up and imagining things (I was on Lyrica!!). Everyone has been so helpful. Others have mentioned the Malic. Is this something that is an OTC?? I am into natural too. I was using CBD but just could not justify to myself spending that kind of $$$. It did help but I think the companies may be taking advantage of consumers. It helped but not for what it costs.
I am past that “no pain, no gain” age. There are good kinds of pain and the kind that says “don’t do this”. I have missed my pencils and drawing today. Tomorrow will be better 😊

Jump to this post

@Parus your welcome Fibro-Malic you order it online they dont have it OTC so I order it from Vitacost Ive ordered from this company for years they have good products Vitamin-Mineral and food organic ,gluten free and more.www.vitacost.com I did use my markers today .I do adult coloring book Check it out.we are all here for each other

@parus

@hopeful33250 I had read the info on Mayo and that helped me understand better about ACE inhibitors. No heart valve issues or diastolic dysfunction has been mentioned and none that I know of. I appreciate the encouragement and information. Why they just prescribe without explaining bothers me. I sometimes have high blood pressure and sometimes I do not. It is uncomfortable when they prescribe a med just because of fluctuating BP. Trying to believe they have a valid reason other than numbers on a BP cup. Rather like a shrink prescribing an antidepressant without taking in the entire picture. I know because of fibromyalgia things can be confusing. I was even told one time I don’t have fibromyalgia because Cymbalta and Lyrica don’t help.
I do have a hard time trusting and no one
can help with this but me.

Jump to this post

@parus @hopeful33250 @lioness One reply to all of you. Parus, do you had a BP monitoring kit? I do, and take mine a few times a day, keep a log, that can be shown to Dr. It also has space for a comment such as stressors at that moment, or extreme heat, etc. anything that may be a factor for high/low pressure. I imagine ceasing anything, inc CBD might cause side effects. Yes! to buying from Vitacost, have been their customer for over 20 years. And, yes to distraction today. I sewed for several hours, did some Zentangle, and was gentle on myself. Today was the memorial service for a law enforcement former co-worker, but just could not bring myself to go.
Ginger

@gingerw

@parus @hopeful33250 @lioness One reply to all of you. Parus, do you had a BP monitoring kit? I do, and take mine a few times a day, keep a log, that can be shown to Dr. It also has space for a comment such as stressors at that moment, or extreme heat, etc. anything that may be a factor for high/low pressure. I imagine ceasing anything, inc CBD might cause side effects. Yes! to buying from Vitacost, have been their customer for over 20 years. And, yes to distraction today. I sewed for several hours, did some Zentangle, and was gentle on myself. Today was the memorial service for a law enforcement former co-worker, but just could not bring myself to go.
Ginger

Jump to this post

@ginger so sorry Ginger for the loss of officer Helus? I live in Long Beach and saw funeral on T.V Do you live then in Thousands Oaks then ?Horrible the tragedy up there with the shooting and fire then I have Zantangle but haven't tried it yet is it fun?

@lioness

@Parus your welcome Fibro-Malic you order it online they dont have it OTC so I order it from Vitacost Ive ordered from this company for years they have good products Vitamin-Mineral and food organic ,gluten free and more.www.vitacost.com I did use my markers today .I do adult coloring book Check it out.we are all here for each other

Jump to this post

@lioness Thank you. Adult coloring is a wonderful thing!!!

@gingerw

Ginger

Jump to this post

I am glad that you are continuing to be "gentle on yourself" @gingerw.

@lioness

@ginger so sorry Ginger for the loss of officer Helus? I live in Long Beach and saw funeral on T.V Do you live then in Thousands Oaks then ?Horrible the tragedy up there with the shooting and fire then I have Zantangle but haven't tried it yet is it fun?

Jump to this post

@lioness Until July this year, I worked and lived in Ventura. Now I am in Covina. Sgt. Helus was a former coworker of mine. The memorial service was awesome, and definitely heartfelt by everyone there. Zentangle is a wonderful expression of creativity for me.
Ginger

@gingerw

@lioness Until July this year, I worked and lived in Ventura. Now I am in Covina. Sgt. Helus was a former coworker of mine. The memorial service was awesome, and definitely heartfelt by everyone there. Zentangle is a wonderful expression of creativity for me.
Ginger

Jump to this post

@ginger I,ll have to try it I have the app but haven't used it yet Glad you received comfort .I watched it on T.V. So many senseless killings anymore.

@hopeful33250 wanted to let you know your info on the ACE inhibitor was soooo helpful. I am taking it at night and cutting the 10 mg of Lisinopril into 1/4ths. Slow is best for me. Any medication that gives me a loopy feeling is scary. That long process of withdrawal from Clonozapam,Seroquel Effexor, Welbutrin and Hydrocodone flashes back and I panic. I also had a Vegas nerve stimulator which is why I did not have a grand mal siezure. Why would a shrink prescribe such a cocktail-not expecting an answer.
Off topic w/ going off all of those meds. Needed to vent again.
Thank you for the input on the ACE.

Please sign in or register to post a reply.