Fibromyalgia pain: Let's connect

Posted by clownscrytoo @clownscrytoo, Oct 22, 2016

Is there anyone here that suffers from fibro? I had the 'tender spot test' several years ago and I had 17 out of the 18. I try my hardest to get through the pain with my 4 hydrocodone/acetaminaphine pills a day, Tiger Balm rubbed into areas that are the worst, light exercises, and distracting myself with hobbies or chores, etc; but there are many occasions where none of that helps and I spend most of the day holding down the couch, getting up about 30-45 minutes after that, walking/standing around the house for 15-20 minutes, or sitting for about 15-30 min. I do not drive and my husband works 6 days a week, overtime almost every day, so I'm alone a lot. my wonderful husband is very supportive and I am very grateful for that, but my only other friends are online, out of state, and I will probably never even get to meet them. when extreme pain takes over, my depression takes over and it is so difficult to find hope. does anyone have tips for fibro, whether diet or over-the-counter meds (I've tried them all, I think), or anything, besides hobbies and such? I've tried every over-the-counter med, and the Tiger Balm does cover some of what the pain pill doesn't help, but I'm hoping one of our members might have some knowledge that could help. I'd really appreciate it.
hugz,
Clownscrytoo

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Fibromyalgia Support Group.

You sound like a candidate for Genesight testing. Information at info@assurexhealth.com. It's a gene test that tells you what drugs will work for you. Depression, anxiety drugs, stimulants, ie Wellbutrin etal. Also what pain drugs will work based on your genes. You ask them for a list of docs close to you who preform this service and go to one who does, they take a cheek swab and in about 2 weeks you have your results back. It alerts you to drug interactions you could have as well as what drugs in 3 or 4 classes will work for you based on how you metabolize them. It's new and it's nothing short of a miracle for folks who need meds like Cymbalta and Wellbutrin. Quit guessing because that's all you and your doc are doing and find out what will work for you. That website is info@assurexhealth.com. get there number and call them and ask them to email you a list of docs near you. Doctors can register for free and all it takes for them is a fifteen minute phone call. If your doc doesn't do it see one who does. Get your info and take it back to the doctor you have and like. When they see the info, they will come around. Good luck, do it!!!

Well all fibro folks cold weather coming here which results in more fibro symptoms. Also other issues. I hear the term chronic pain so much that it sounds trivial to even mention it. Yes, I hurt all of the time and miss out on so much of life. 🙁

@parus

Well all fibro folks cold weather coming here which results in more fibro symptoms. Also other issues. I hear the term chronic pain so much that it sounds trivial to even mention it. Yes, I hurt all of the time and miss out on so much of life. 🙁

Jump to this post

@Parus I agree as we have a cold spell and Im with you ,hurt all over this seems to be our fibro life .Blanket on

@lioness
Try to highlight the address, copy it, then paste it into the address line.
ronnie

I’ve gotten some relief from walking in a indoor heated pool in a nearby gym (membership free with my Medicare AARP/United Health Plan). It enables easier movement because the water helps with gravity, and the coolness (not too cool), helps with inflammation. Afterwards I soak in the hot spa. At home I take a lot of hot baths when I’m having flares … It’s the best thing and really the only thing that really provides me with relief when it’s really bad. Hot pads help, too

Heat packs...they help so much. Pineapple honestly helps with the joint pain. Malic acid and magnesium supplements, warm baths before bed, tumeric and ginger in my smoothies help with inflammation, and on days that I can function a little walking helps..just don't push it.

@sandytoes14
Sorry. I will see if I can find it.
Ronnie

Please sign in or register to post a reply.