Fibromyalgia pain: Let's connect

Posted by clownscrytoo @clownscrytoo, Oct 22, 2016

Is there anyone here that suffers from fibro? I had the 'tender spot test' several years ago and I had 17 out of the 18. I try my hardest to get through the pain with my 4 hydrocodone/acetaminaphine pills a day, Tiger Balm rubbed into areas that are the worst, light exercises, and distracting myself with hobbies or chores, etc; but there are many occasions where none of that helps and I spend most of the day holding down the couch, getting up about 30-45 minutes after that, walking/standing around the house for 15-20 minutes, or sitting for about 15-30 min. I do not drive and my husband works 6 days a week, overtime almost every day, so I'm alone a lot. my wonderful husband is very supportive and I am very grateful for that, but my only other friends are online, out of state, and I will probably never even get to meet them. when extreme pain takes over, my depression takes over and it is so difficult to find hope. does anyone have tips for fibro, whether diet or over-the-counter meds (I've tried them all, I think), or anything, besides hobbies and such? I've tried every over-the-counter med, and the Tiger Balm does cover some of what the pain pill doesn't help, but I'm hoping one of our members might have some knowledge that could help. I'd really appreciate it.
hugz,
Clownscrytoo

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Fibromyalgia Support Group.

@parus

All I can say is I hope others have better experiences in getting help than I have. I know I am not assertive enough. I live in an area that is archaic in many ways. Moving again is not an option as I do not have another move left in me and where would I go? Anyone with a mental health history is labeled and their pain is not real...esp. Fibromyalgia. Doomed and damned by ignorance.

Jump to this post

I signed up for a webnair on Pain protocol You have to register here's the website http://www.21DayPainFix.com it's on 3-15@1p.m est. if interested

@dais

I am going to be with my grandson today. I always make up excuses to not see him because I'm embarrassed by not being able to do much with him. I've been in a Fibro flare for a long time. Sometimes I think winter has a bad effect on me. Does anyone else suffer worse in the winter?

Jump to this post

I went to his link I couldn't find the article. I will keep trying. Thank you for the info on magnesium it is supposed to be helpful for migraines too.

@dais

I am going to be with my grandson today. I always make up excuses to not see him because I'm embarrassed by not being able to do much with him. I've been in a Fibro flare for a long time. Sometimes I think winter has a bad effect on me. Does anyone else suffer worse in the winter?

Jump to this post

I,'ll try to find it and let you know

@dais

Jump to this post

I can't find the article but here is a good one that talks about the different magnesium http://www.drnipper.com/magnesium

@parus

Happy Saturday fibro folks. I no longer take OTC's due to starting to have stomach issues. I have given up on doctors as it is a waste of my gas money. I do what I can diet wise. Today I am going to rest and recuperate from 3 days w/ my 3 year old grandson. It was delightful! I don't want him growing up thinking his grandma is old and no fun. Amazing what one can do out of love!!! Moments to remember and cherish. I will rest today with my happy memories of playing with him and not telling him I couldn't play because he would not have understood and I do not want people seeing me as I really feel. Doing what I can to leave a trail of happy memories.

Jump to this post

@gman007 Amen brother. Those 3 days were worth every precious moment. Thankful for all the things I learned from my father. He also taught me what a suicide can do to others. I would not want to continue this cycle. Have a blessed day Gary.

@dais

Jump to this post

@dais Winters are horrific and "suffer" is the correct term and not a self pity statement. A word I only use here. Sad how we make excuses and miss out on special times due to feeling "lesser than". I am in a fibro flare for now and it was no sacrifice to spend that time with my little guy. Introduced him to watercolor and he taught me how to hunt and stalk zombies. I understand the embarrassment.
Winter has become a dirty word in my vocabulary. Still I would miss the changing of the seasons. I have a home even though it is an apartment-what a struggle learning to deal (try) with so much noise. My grandson (3) thinks this grandma lives in a mansion because he believes it is all mine. Love it.

Humidity pulls me Dow. Lots if it on Texas. I am so sorry about your loss

@dais

Jump to this post

How's your mansion?Love what you wrote those are memories he won't forget congrats to you for sucking it up ☝ That's us Grandma,s

@oregongirl

Humidity pulls me Dow. Lots if it on Texas. I am so sorry about your loss

Jump to this post

Move to Calif.In SOCalif we the highest I've seen is 30%usually in single digits

@dais

Jump to this post

Parus, my kids are in process of moving me to a first floor 2 br apt.. it seems quiet, but it's not a senior bldg. The ind care is so expensive. Now they are not turning meals. So I will continue to fight this disease. Pain med would help
Who the heck cares if a 76 yr old women gets addicted. I am going to make friends with an illegalv and be on his grocery list next visit to Mexico.

Please sign in or register to post a reply.