Fibromyalgia pain: Let's connect

Posted by clownscrytoo @clownscrytoo, Oct 22, 2016

Is there anyone here that suffers from fibro? I had the 'tender spot test' several years ago and I had 17 out of the 18. I try my hardest to get through the pain with my 4 hydrocodone/acetaminaphine pills a day, Tiger Balm rubbed into areas that are the worst, light exercises, and distracting myself with hobbies or chores, etc; but there are many occasions where none of that helps and I spend most of the day holding down the couch, getting up about 30-45 minutes after that, walking/standing around the house for 15-20 minutes, or sitting for about 15-30 min. I do not drive and my husband works 6 days a week, overtime almost every day, so I'm alone a lot. my wonderful husband is very supportive and I am very grateful for that, but my only other friends are online, out of state, and I will probably never even get to meet them. when extreme pain takes over, my depression takes over and it is so difficult to find hope. does anyone have tips for fibro, whether diet or over-the-counter meds (I've tried them all, I think), or anything, besides hobbies and such? I've tried every over-the-counter med, and the Tiger Balm does cover some of what the pain pill doesn't help, but I'm hoping one of our members might have some knowledge that could help. I'd really appreciate it.
hugz,
Clownscrytoo

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Fibromyalgia Support Group.

@pitagirl

I read your story. I was dx: in 2003 with Fibro and 2006 approved for SSI. It was not even recognized as a disease in 2003, I can hear where you are coming from I was there. One being alone all day is probably causing you some depression I did but there is the help. Also, all the trigger points i have 16. I took Norco 6x for 6 yrs until i realized that those drugs were killing me. Had my doctor put me on Tramadol 3xday only 50 mg and savella 100mg 2xd. I know you say you don\'t drive but if you want to know what i did you would have to figure out how to get there. I joined the gym aqua therapy is a blessing your weightless. I even got myself into the gym after the therapy and took it slow. I found the light impact very slowly to start. I felt better. Did not help with the sleep issues we do not go into Rem sleeping crazy. Hope my words helped you.

Jump to this post

Hi See a I have fibromyalgia and for 30 yrs found out what helps me now Water aerobics in warm water,not shower,Tens unit for tight muscles,it\'s important not to just sit ,you have to do some kind of light exercising and listen to your body when you get tired stop,chiropractor does help and learn to pace yourself.For my pain I drink Arnica tea it\'s for pain

@oregongirl

I don\'t drive as I was in a car accident. I cancelled my insurance as I did not want to pay monthly on something I was not using. BAD. Now they won\'t take me back. I can get insurance thru other companies. The accident WAS NOT MY FAULT. A school bus hit me. I truly love being alone. I have SO much to do. Internet, read, play with my two yorkies, My problem is getting my son and his wife and my daughter to believe I have something serious. RA. I guess this is common. I am looking for Independent living right now. I am 75 and I hate living in my kids guest house. In Independent living in Texas, there are pools. My problem is swallowing the high rent. The better one bedrooms are 2500 a month. But if you consider, the three meals a day and no shopping or the rides to medical where I now use Uber and my entire output each month is Uber. So, life goes on.

Jump to this post

Oregongirl if you can swing it sounds like the best thing to do .I live in a low income apt ,we have a gym but no pool I do need a housekeeper I would live elsewhere if I could afford it ,understand about the area but we do have good security and it\'s a gated community so I\'m o.k. with it.Good luck

@pitagirl

I read your story. I was dx: in 2003 with Fibro and 2006 approved for SSI. It was not even recognized as a disease in 2003, I can hear where you are coming from I was there. One being alone all day is probably causing you some depression I did but there is the help. Also, all the trigger points i have 16. I took Norco 6x for 6 yrs until i realized that those drugs were killing me. Had my doctor put me on Tramadol 3xday only 50 mg and savella 100mg 2xd. I know you say you don\'t drive but if you want to know what i did you would have to figure out how to get there. I joined the gym aqua therapy is a blessing your weightless. I even got myself into the gym after the therapy and took it slow. I found the light impact very slowly to start. I felt better. Did not help with the sleep issues we do not go into Rem sleeping crazy. Hope my words helped you.

Jump to this post

What are the infusions for night I ask?

@pitagirl

Age doesn\'t matter pain is the pain. Support for a loved one is so important. I just reunited 2 yrs ago with my former boyfriend apart for 30 yrs. Love him to pieces but makes me feel sad. I wanted to get a book to read, send articles. Every time there is an issue he gets pissy. So i can relate to you. You say you are looking for assisted living. If $$ is an issue and we all know what that is about. If you are on Social sec disability or your state insurance. You can call the local chapter of adult social services. They will assist you or call 211 and tell them you need resources. Instead of senior living look into subsidized living. There will be a list but take only 30% of your income. Grant, it it is not the tosh mahal but maybe that can help. I to go on the computer keeps my mind busy love my games lol and two dogs a Pomeranian and a 50 %beagle, 37 Boston terrier and 13 bulldog had her DNA done 🙂

Jump to this post

I'm in a senior building ,no children Im on Social security widows pension ,from what I went through I could of gone on disability but it was a smaller and then if I stayed on my husband,s so be careful about this.This Sr.building is affordable and I live in Calif.You can get on Sec 8and live here ,we have a bus twice a month to take us for groceries and other stores.

@pitagirl

Jump to this post

That is amazing. It is so hard to loose weight. I am 20 lbs over weight. I figure that women 10 yrs from will thank us for trying all these things. However we have been made to believe we cannot take nsrcodics. They punish us because of the young getting it. How do they do it?

@oregongirl

I don\'t drive as I was in a car accident. I cancelled my insurance as I did not want to pay monthly on something I was not using. BAD. Now they won\'t take me back. I can get insurance thru other companies. The accident WAS NOT MY FAULT. A school bus hit me. I truly love being alone. I have SO much to do. Internet, read, play with my two yorkies, My problem is getting my son and his wife and my daughter to believe I have something serious. RA. I guess this is common. I am looking for Independent living right now. I am 75 and I hate living in my kids guest house. In Independent living in Texas, there are pools. My problem is swallowing the high rent. The better one bedrooms are 2500 a month. But if you consider, the three meals a day and no shopping or the rides to medical where I now use Uber and my entire output each month is Uber. So, life goes on.

Jump to this post

Do you live alone? You could find a friend to share your apt. You could get a better one then. Most if the units have 3 br and 2 bsths

@pitagirl

Jump to this post

RA

@oregongirl

Jump to this post

I do live alone but this is a 6floor building so prefer to live alone,if you know what I mean haha

@pitagirl

Jump to this post

Oh o.k. I didn't know they have infusions for this I'm behind times

@pitagirl

Jump to this post

Yes your Dr should look into it.  You have a Rheumatoligist right???

Please sign in or register to post a reply.