Fibromyalgia pain: Let's connect

Posted by clownscrytoo @clownscrytoo, Oct 22, 2016

Is there anyone here that suffers from fibro? I had the 'tender spot test' several years ago and I had 17 out of the 18. I try my hardest to get through the pain with my 4 hydrocodone/acetaminaphine pills a day, Tiger Balm rubbed into areas that are the worst, light exercises, and distracting myself with hobbies or chores, etc; but there are many occasions where none of that helps and I spend most of the day holding down the couch, getting up about 30-45 minutes after that, walking/standing around the house for 15-20 minutes, or sitting for about 15-30 min. I do not drive and my husband works 6 days a week, overtime almost every day, so I'm alone a lot. my wonderful husband is very supportive and I am very grateful for that, but my only other friends are online, out of state, and I will probably never even get to meet them. when extreme pain takes over, my depression takes over and it is so difficult to find hope. does anyone have tips for fibro, whether diet or over-the-counter meds (I've tried them all, I think), or anything, besides hobbies and such? I've tried every over-the-counter med, and the Tiger Balm does cover some of what the pain pill doesn't help, but I'm hoping one of our members might have some knowledge that could help. I'd really appreciate it.
hugz,
Clownscrytoo

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Fibromyalgia Support Group.

@sundance6

wheelerma, Thank you so much for the recomandation for Myofascial Release. I have had body work done for over 50 years and I have never heard of it. As I said I was going to do is go on line and see what I could find. There is much written about it and it's benifits! I found two practioneres here in ABQ.
I reached out late tonight, Wednesday, to both by email. Hopefully I will hear back tomorrow, Thursday. I will keep you posted.
Question, how long does a session last? Do you do multiple sessions to really get it to work? What does a session usually run $$ wise?
Thank You Again,
from The Land of Enchantment!
Sundance(RB)

Jump to this post

I just happened upon this massage therapist. Noticed she had many forms on her wall that explained all the extra training she took. I went at least 3-4 times and maybe more, and it was around $300. for the total session. It may be helpful if you google how to find and choose a massage therapist that has experience in myofascial release. Don't be afraid to try another if one doesn't work.

@parus

I do the myofascial release at home using a racket ball or a tennis ball. May take a while to find the trigger place in the muscle giving the pain. I will admit it smarts to keep the pressure on. I place two in a sock and use at the base of my skull. Speaking for myself it does hurts and one need take it slow (a tennis ball). Once that muscle releases you will know. Again, what works for me. Not a fan of massages, etc. A PT shared this with me and I have been thankful.
Worth a try-or not.

Jump to this post

I do the same. Very helpful!

@wheelerma

I just happened upon this massage therapist. Noticed she had many forms on her wall that explained all the extra training she took. I went at least 3-4 times and maybe more, and it was around $300. for the total session. It may be helpful if you google how to find and choose a massage therapist that has experience in myofascial release. Don't be afraid to try another if one doesn't work.

Jump to this post

Right above this is a person that talks about using a tennis ball to help with trigger points. I used to do this too and it really helped. It says Paru@Parus above this and she is the one who suggested the tennis balls.

@parus I think I would find this quite help full. I would start off with a soft tennis ball for sure. I have a problem I just found out about. I have fibromyalgia and neuropathy and I know you all know that pain. I started have pain and discomfort on my right side just below my breast. If frightened me because I had breat cancer last year. I had an ultra sound done yesterday and the doctor called to tell me later that day. Yes quick. Said I need a gastro doctor and is sending a referral for the doctor I have been to. Now, I don't like the sound of fatty liver because I know it can be a prelude to cirrhosis. I do not drink alcohol and haven't in 30 years. It's not from alcohol. I do take percocets for the neuropathy and that has me concerned. Trying not to set myself up to worry before I see the doctor. Does anyone else have a fatty liver?

@wheelerma

How do I find your questions?

Jump to this post

Go to View Reply, open then scroll up to se my post!
Thanks,
Sundance(RB)

@parus

I do the myofascial release at home using a racket ball or a tennis ball. May take a while to find the trigger place in the muscle giving the pain. I will admit it smarts to keep the pressure on. I place two in a sock and use at the base of my skull. Speaking for myself it does hurts and one need take it slow (a tennis ball). Once that muscle releases you will know. Again, what works for me. Not a fan of massages, etc. A PT shared this with me and I have been thankful.
Worth a try-or not.

Jump to this post

Thanks I will give it a try. I want to first have a session with a professional to better understand the process!
Sundance(RB)

@wheelerma

Jump to this post

Thanks! I did Google last night. Sent a couple of emails out to people who say they do Myofascial Release. Got one answer back saying she was full of clients but recomended someone else.
Going to keep searching. It sounds better than starting a new drug!
Sundance(RB)

@summertime4

@parus I think I would find this quite help full. I would start off with a soft tennis ball for sure. I have a problem I just found out about. I have fibromyalgia and neuropathy and I know you all know that pain. I started have pain and discomfort on my right side just below my breast. If frightened me because I had breat cancer last year. I had an ultra sound done yesterday and the doctor called to tell me later that day. Yes quick. Said I need a gastro doctor and is sending a referral for the doctor I have been to. Now, I don't like the sound of fatty liver because I know it can be a prelude to cirrhosis. I do not drink alcohol and haven't in 30 years. It's not from alcohol. I do take percocets for the neuropathy and that has me concerned. Trying not to set myself up to worry before I see the doctor. Does anyone else have a fatty liver?

Jump to this post

Thoughts and Prayers to You!
Sundance(RB)

@sundance6

Thanks! I did Google last night. Sent a couple of emails out to people who say they do Myofascial Release. Got one answer back saying she was full of clients but recomended someone else.
Going to keep searching. It sounds better than starting a new drug!
Sundance(RB)

Jump to this post

Keep me posted. IF I can remember, I will reach out to my therapist and see how to find someone in your area. IF you want to give your city and state, or at least the the state.

Would really appreciate that. I live in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Any recomendations would Help! Have tried to contact a couple people her in the last couple of days. Was out of town today, Thursday. I've got one recomentation I'm going to check in the morning. If you find someone let me know.
Thanks,
Sundance(RB)

Please sign in or register to post a reply.