Cymbalta, 20 mg. and 100 mg. of Neurontin and bad upper GI symptoms..

Posted by jeanmnyc @jeanmnyc, Mar 7, 2019

Hi All,

I am on a current dose of Cymbalta, 20 mg. since Mon. 2/25 and on 100 mg. Neurontin for about the last two weeks.. All of a sudden by last Sunday, I am having burning when I eat or drink in my upper GI Tract and acid taste. It even makes my coffee taste horrible. Also, some on and off bouts of diarrhea. I also have some insomnia, not much of an appetite, seem to be urinating more and irritation when voiding, dryer eyes. All that said, even with hardly eating.. wt. stuck at 159. I am also on Clonopin, avg. 1 mg at night or if I have had a bad night, .5- 1mg. in the morning. I have put a message into my GI about this. Will call my Psych. I may be getting of this Cymbalta soon. Went on it for the depression- anxiety and cervical neck nerve pain. I hate both of them!! Anyone else experiencing upper GI- and worsening Acid reflux on Cymbalta and or Neurontin? Thanks in advance. J.

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Depression & Anxiety Support Group.

@jeanmnyc Welcome to our caring group I have fibromyalgia but couldn't take Cymbalta but Neurotin doesn't bother me Contact your pharmacist they know all about the meds and Dr also I check with http://www.drugs.com it's a good website I use to look up drugs

@lioness

@jeanmnyc Welcome to our caring group I have fibromyalgia but couldn't take Cymbalta but Neurotin doesn't bother me Contact your pharmacist they know all about the meds and Dr also I check with http://www.drugs.com it's a good website I use to look up drugs

Jump to this post

@lioness , Thank you.. call into my Psych. and G.I.. Most likely the Cymbalta, I think.. Jean

Hello @jeanmnyc

I took Neurontin (for about a month) and constipation was such that I had to stop it. I was only taking a small dose once per day but that was too much for me. I do recall that it really helped with nerve pain and since I took it at night it was very helpful for sleep. I wish I could have continued with it.

I have been taking Cymbalta, 20 mg, once per day. It is not quite as helpful with pain as was the Neurontin, but it does help nonetheless and without the digestive side-effects.

It is important to remember, @jeanmnyc, that each person's reaction to a medicine is different.

Please sign in or register to post a reply.