celiac disease

Posted by LaRita @larita, Feb 21, 2012

Just joined...so not too sure of what I'm doing! I'm seeking info from celiacs: are my elevated eosinophils (14.4 - ref: 0.3-5.1) likely due to gluten in diet? Is the pain/tenderness/swelling in finger joints likely tied in with this also? I was diagnosed nearly 4 years ago at age 54. I was very compliant the first 2 years but have since cheated considerably with minimal GI distress, but.....wondering if my non compliance may be causing these joint issues. Needing motivation I guess to be more disciplined! Anyone's knowledgeable insights/experiences appreciated. Thanks, Rita

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Digestive Health Support Group.

Hi there I totally know what your feeling. It's so hard to be gluten free but I had joint pains as well and stomach bloat and couldn't go to the bathroom..As soon as I stop eating gluten completely all my systoms went away 98% of it. I just found out that well I think I"m lactose too...very upset about that too cause I love my milk and hate meds and silk and all the other ones lol...Ive been gluten free for over a year feel great so just stick with it and you will feel so much better..

@corkylee72

Hi there I totally know what your feeling. It's so hard to be gluten free but I had joint pains as well and stomach bloat and couldn't go to the bathroom..As soon as I stop eating gluten completely all my systoms went away 98% of it. I just found out that well I think I"m lactose too...very upset about that too cause I love my milk and hate meds and silk and all the other ones lol...Ive been gluten free for over a year feel great so just stick with it and you will feel so much better..

Jump to this post

Thanks...I've resolved again to be compliant with the gluten free diet...with God's help and for His glory!

@corkylee72

Jump to this post

You can do it Rita you will see such a differene in your life..you can move better and no more stomach aces it feels great and I lost 40 pounds from it well Zumba fitness helped lol

Please sign in or register to post a reply.