Can’t seem to locate Creon - 36000 units

Posted by robertf-1956 @robertf0741, Sep 28, 2023

All of my local pharmacies in New Mexico are unable to get Creon in 36000 units. They can get it in 6000 units. I’m supposed to take 2 capsules of 36000 units 3X daily with meals. I really don’t want to have to take 12 capsules for each meal (36/day). Is anyone else having this problem?

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Pancreatic Cancer Support Group.

My CVS pharmacy in Florida now takes more than a week to get it on most of my 36000-unit refills, but my treating hospital's pharmacy typically has some in stock. Might have to shop around even more, or maybe set up scheduled, automatic delivery.. That's a lot of little pills to take!

Go directly through manufacturer, Abbvie (spelling) you may even get it at no cost to you!

That would be awesome! Thank-you for your input.
I hope you’re doing well.

@robertf0741, you got some great tips from @howleegirl and @markymarkfl. @lvtexas @kim1965 may also have tips to share.

You may also find some useful information or have tips to offer in these related discussions:
- CREON..Pancreatic enzyme supplement cost https://connect.mayoclinic.org/discussion/creon-pancreatic-enzyme-supplement-cost/
- Creon capsule too large to swallow https://connect.mayoclinic.org/discussion/freon-capsule-too-larger-to-swallow/

Robert, I can understand not wanting to take multiple pills to get the dosage you need. Do you find the large pills hard to swallow?

Thank you all for the great input. I appreciate it very much.

@robertf0741

Thank you all for the great input. I appreciate it very much.

Jump to this post

Robert - Creon (36,000 Unit capsules) also are hard to find in my part of southcentral Alaska. I've been able to get them, but with some difficulty. I have a prescription for three months worth (540 capsules) but my pharmacy said they were on back order and may have more in two weeks. Another pharmacy some 20 miles further away managed to scrape together 20 days worth (120 capsules) to partially complete the prescription. Very frustrating, time consuming, and expensive. I hope you find a supply source soon. Good luck.

I also had a problem getting Creon (out of stock, with no date to replenish). I asked my oncologist for a replacement and he ordered Zenpep. I’m glad he did since the capsules are smaller and easer to swallow. Also, I don’t have any side effects ( stomach pain, etc) which I had with Creon. …. good digestion, BM, but everyone is different. It works for me!

I was advised that the 36,000 were out of stock at CVS Caremark and asked for a prescription for 24,000. I take 72,000 per meal. The 24,000 were available, but before I got the prescription filled, the 36,000 became available. I was afraid to try the Zenpep because it might not work as well. If it happens again, I might try with Zenpep. Enzymes have saved my life. My body was wasting away until I got the dose up.

24000 seems to be pretty common. AbbVie patient assist might be able to help if 36000 are needed. Clean website.

They want so much info on the AbbVie website that I can’t dig it all up to even apply

Please sign in or register to post a reply.