I have had bilateral breast cancer with lumpectomy (both breasts) and lymph nodes removed on both sides. My tumor markers have risen…10 points over 4 months and my oncologist wants me to have chest and abdomen CT scans. I asked if I would have to have an IV and for the chest one, I would. I told them that was a problem because I needed to protect myself from lymphedema. I asked if there was anywhere else they could do and IV, other than my arms or hands. They did not deny me having the upper CT scan, BUT they did give me the choice of only having the abdominal one…they said it was up to me. You can’t tell me that the arms and hands are the only places an IV can be done on the body! Basically they are saying that if I do not want an IV, then I will not get the upper body CT scan. So, not only am I worried about the tumor marker stuff, I am scared to death of having an IV. My ca27.29 increased from 38.5 to 49 in 4 months. My former oncologist told me that my ca 27.29 seems to be set at around 40. Also, when I had the blood drawn for the test as well as the CMP, the technician stuck my feet 4 times,collected that blood and finally went with my hand to finish. I was dehydrated. I am waiting for the results of the second opinion on the ca27.29…I insisted on having it redone. This tech was excellent…did it in my hand with no tourniquet. It’s not bad enough having cancer twice already,..now I am scared to death I have it again. My first cancer was DCIS, the second was IDC….no lymph node involvement with either. I need opinions on all this! I am afraid.