Anyone here dealing with peripheral neuropathy?

Posted by rabbit10 @rabbit10, Apr 9, 2016

Anyone here dealing with peripheral neuropathy?

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Neuropathy Support Group.

@johnbishop

@angielewis1959, I can relate to your balance issues along with not like hot weather much although it's better than my normal winter weather. I have degenerative disc condition along with old age, arthritis and neuropathy which I'm sure play a part in my balance issues. It might be a great question to ask your doctor but I think it might also be better to ask what can be done to help with the balance problem and heat sensitivity you may feel. Here's some information I found that sort of sums up what I think might help answer your question.

-- Feeling off balance? A nerve condition may be to blame: https://www.mayoclinichealthsystem.org/hometown-health/speaking-of-health/feeling-off-balance-a-nerve-condition-may-be-to-blame

Are you able to talk with your doctor to see if they may have some suggestions?

Jump to this post

Thanks so much for replying to my post. I truly appreciate your suggestions. I do have an appointment with my neurologist in July and will definitely ask some questions.
I feel that my balance problems are from nerve damage from radiation and chemo years ago.
It also seemed to worsen after a second Covid infection which resulted in a bone breakage in my foot. Wearing a boot did not seem to help with the issues. Thanks again!

@menkcizmar

Has anyone tried reiki or myofascial release for neuropathy?

Jump to this post

I am having accupuncture. I only had one session. Accupuncture does do something. It put me in a dreamlike state. I have PHN on my upper left side of face. It is bearable. But I wish it would disappear. I am on a strict anti inflammatory diet and boosting my vitamins.

Please sign in or register to post a reply.