ANA positive spindle apparatus pattern 1:160. What does this indicate

Posted by crumly71 @crumly71, Jul 22, 2023

My blood work came back positive for ANA. What is ICAP nomenclature: AC-25,26 for spindle apparatus pattern?

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Autoimmune Diseases Support Group.

Here is an article on the patterns for ANA: http://www.rapidtest.com/pdf/ANA_HEP-2_IFA_230512DE%281-3-2014%29.pdf#:~:text=Spindle%20fiber%20pattern%2C%20chromosome-positive%3A%20The%20spindle%20fiber%20pattern,appearance%20extending%20from%20the%20centriole%20to%20the%20centromeres.

And an excerpt on the spindle pattern:

Spindle fiber pattern, chromosome-positive: The spindle fiber pattern is
unique to cells undergoing mitosis where only the spindle apparatus fluoresces. This pattern has a “spider web” appearance extending from the centriole to the centromeres. The pattern is suggestive of autoantibodies to the microtubules and its significance is unclear; however, an association between the spindle fiber pattern and carpal tunnel syndrome has been suggested.

An ANA of 1:160 is relatively low and some healthy people have that, according to my doc. Do you have symptoms? Do you have carpal tunnel?

@windyshores

Here is an article on the patterns for ANA: http://www.rapidtest.com/pdf/ANA_HEP-2_IFA_230512DE%281-3-2014%29.pdf#:~:text=Spindle%20fiber%20pattern%2C%20chromosome-positive%3A%20The%20spindle%20fiber%20pattern,appearance%20extending%20from%20the%20centriole%20to%20the%20centromeres.

And an excerpt on the spindle pattern:

Spindle fiber pattern, chromosome-positive: The spindle fiber pattern is
unique to cells undergoing mitosis where only the spindle apparatus fluoresces. This pattern has a “spider web” appearance extending from the centriole to the centromeres. The pattern is suggestive of autoantibodies to the microtubules and its significance is unclear; however, an association between the spindle fiber pattern and carpal tunnel syndrome has been suggested.

An ANA of 1:160 is relatively low and some healthy people have that, according to my doc. Do you have symptoms? Do you have carpal tunnel?

Jump to this post

No, I don't have any symptoms of carpal tunnel. I have extreme fatigue, muscle and joint pain with stiffness. Recent episodes of dizziness, headaches.

@crumly71 Hi and welcome to Mayo Clinic Connect! Unfortunately, no one at MCC is a health professional so we are unable to comment on your lab values.
Do you or your doctor think that you have an autoimmune disease?

@crumly71

No, I don't have any symptoms of carpal tunnel. I have extreme fatigue, muscle and joint pain with stiffness. Recent episodes of dizziness, headaches.

Jump to this post

I also have the exact same symptoms.

Please sign in or register to post a reply.