Stage 3 Kidney Disease and Diet: What can I eat?

Posted by carnes @carnes, Jun 11, 2018

It seems there is very little you can eat that is healthy for the Kidneys. The web site Davida has plenty of food on it but contradicts what other sources say. Anyone know anything for breakfast, lunch and dinner that does not have any sugar or flour bodies the obvious boring or bland foods good for Kidneys and I’m allergic to sugar of any kind of sweetener and flour. Thank you.

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) Support Group.

Just found out last week that I have stage 3BCKD doing some research on it and dieting anybody has any tips on dieting or vitamins. The doctor put me on calcium and D3. I also have biosis and very bad back problems and help or concerns or advice On the diet part would be helpful thank you Carol

REPLY
Profile picture for margarethill @margarethill

@gingerw Sometimes when that happens I can have my daughter buy me a piece and give me a small part. About four or five bites. That was enough to satisfy me. Now if it is a trigger food I stay away. Good luck!

Jump to this post

@margarethill Yep, when I was told to basically stay away from bananas due to the potassium, I was thrilled to have a slice when my husband cut one up for his cereal. While my mine will crave something, by the time it is in my mouth, just a bite or two is enough!
Ginger

REPLY
Please sign in or register to post a reply.