Time to decide what treatment is best
Recently diagnosed 2 cores 3+4 .8cm lesion but decipher came in high at .86, pet exam results were negative so I'm going to take a week to decide, sbrt would include 6 months adt any thoughts?
Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Prostate Cancer Support Group.
Connect

@ireland1964 the pet scan showed 0 spread outside of prostate original mri showed no spread on all three potential levels. Only a .8cm lesion in peripheral zone not touching the outer permiter.
@ginger38314
Hi, If it was me I would go with robotic surgery 1st then if needed in the future you still have some form of radiation as backup. The one incision procedure gets good reviews from folks. No need for nasty ADT with the surgery.
Dave 3+4
-
Like -
Helpful -
Hug
1 ReactionI made my mind up yesterday evening and decided on surgery so they are
supposed to call me within a week to schedule ohsu where I'm getting the
procedure done is highly rated with nerve sparing surgery and like you said
no adt.
-
Like -
Helpful -
Hug
1 ReactionOn my 3+ 4 it was 10% component of 4 on both cores not 10 and 40% thanks.
@gfeaglefan Question, were you able to find out WHERE within the prostate your tumors were located? Close to Colon wall, mid section or other? Sometimes location dictates go or no go on surgery. My tumor was real close to the colon wall so the decision for RP was a no brainer.
I asked the surgeon that question and he said there was some visible space
between the two.
My main concern was the high decipher score if reoccurance would happen.
A book "You can beat prostate cancer" by Marckini was
a good help for me. It gives you the questions to ask to make a decision.
I had proton therapy then 2 years
hormone and chem treatment for stage 4 prostate cancer.
A do over, I would have only done 1 year.
-
Like -
Helpful -
Hug
1 Reaction@ginger38314
I imagine you are glad you made your decision to have surgery as your treatment. I don't know if you decided on ADT or not.
I had RALP and then BCR occurred. I had a higher decider score (.96) plus many high risk features. My RO was on the fence about adding ADT to the salvage radiation therapy. However, I was also in the luminal b subgroup, and the randomized trial NRG GU 006 showed the benefit of ADT was restricted to Luminal B patients, so we agreed on 6 months of ADT. Your doctor can get the Decipher test back up sheets and grid that will show your subgroup--you probably just got the summary sheet like I did.
(NOTE: subsequent to our decision, a PET scan showed lymph nodes involvement, so I ended up on the patch and Abiraterone/Prednisone, all three for a 2-year period. )
Hopefully There won't be any leftover cancer cells after surgery, My
biopsy didn't show any aggressive features just low volume 3+4, and mri and
pet scan showed were negative except for .8cm lesion my read out They gave
me for decipher was 2.7% metastasis 5 year, 6.5% metastasis 10 year, 15
year mortality 12.2% and adverse pathology 40%. At this point I have no
desire to look at grid report. For now the urologist says my cancer is very
low volume and should have a good chance of a good outcome, thanks for
responding.