Happy National Volunteer Week!
It’s National Volunteer Week. That means it’s time to celebrate you! We value your amazing dedication to volunteering at the Mayo Clinic and the unparalleled support you provide our patients, visitors and staff. Know that we missed you during the pandemic yet are thrilled many of you are back in your favored role or covering our needs in a different service area. For this we thank and celebrate you!
In fact, we want to thank and celebrate you for so many things, including:
- Your flexibility in adopting our new safety requirements. We know the use of eye protection was a bit tricky at times.
- Your patience while we continue to explore and gain approvals to open volunteer activities in additional service areas.
- Your courageous decision to come back and take on a new role while helping deliver a memorable experience to our patients and visitors.
- Your difficult decision to remain home, away from your passion to volunteer and help others.
- And for our youth, your patience as we await the reactivation of the Young Volunteer program.
Senior leaders at Mayo Clinic recognize the value you bring to the patient experience and are joining in the celebration! View a celebratory video from Jeff Bolton, Chief Administrative Officer, Mayo Clinic.
Know anyone interested in becoming a Mayo Clinic volunteer? Contact us at email@example.com.