What I have learned from life so far......
1) Everybody needs encouragement whether today or tomorrow. Be an encourager.
2) Hurting people, hurt people. Read it again slowly.
3) The ones that are the hardest to love, need it the most.
4) Chronic illness has changed me to empathize and be more compassionate towards others that are suffering.
5) 99.9% of the things in life I have worried about….never happened!
6) Nobody comes to a pity party except me!
7) Soft answers turn away wrath in others that are angry towards you.
8) If you have food on your table, a roof over your head, a little pocket change, family or friends that love you, you are more blessed than most.
9) Having an animal is wonderful therapy.
10) Bitterness in your heart does nothing to solve anything. It only makes you depressed. Forgiveness releases it all!
11) Marriage is made up of a lot of "I love yous" and "I'm sorry".
12) Children often teach us more than we teach them.
13) Doing something secretly for someone else will make your day!
14) Seek out someone everyday to be a blessing too.
15) Laughter truly is the best medicine. A good belly laugh is wonderful.
16) This world has changed so much. Be the loving and better person to combat the tension.
17) Being offended about everything is a problem with yourself…not others.
18) Music is such a blessing and so calming.
19) Be silly sometimes, no matter how old you are. Kids love it!
20) Compliment your family about something every day.
21) Don't sweat the small stuff….most of the things we fret the most over really is small stuff.
22) Don't watch too much news. Most of it is negative and can make you depressed if you have a steady diet of it.
23) Journal….Your family will enjoy those journals when you leave this earth.
24) Don't take yourself too seriously.
25) Everybody is not going to love and like you.
26) Put your cell phone down when you have company.
27) Always be kind to people and keep short accounts with others. You never know as it may be the last time you will see them.
28) Be your own beautiful self. There is nobody else just like you.
29) There are a lot of lonely people in this world. Reach out to them.
30) Blow your diet once in a while. Have that doughnut or that cake. It will taste wonderful!
31) Life is 10% of what happens to me….90% is my attitude towards it.
32) Bring out that candle for dinner and the good china. Why do we only use the good china for special occasions?
33) Many days are just plain hard. There is still something in it big or small to be grateful for.
34) Nobody likes a know it all. We don't have to comment on everything. Listen more and talk less.
All of you have a blessed day!
Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Just Want to Talk Support Group.
This is really wonderful! Thank you for sharing it with us all. Sending you healing energy, blessings and endless joy! Best to you…Mia 😉
@covidstinks2023 — I love it! All great tips for life! Blessings to you!
That was quite a read. When I came to the end, my greatest takeaway was living the Golden Rule. This has been my mantra for some time. You just need to treat others as you would like to be treated. So simple.
With all the inflation and recession and stuff, that should be upgraded to the diamond rule.
My biggest takeaway is: “The one’s that are the hardest to love need it the most.”
Isn’t that the truth!?!
Yes and not easy to do! Hugs….
….And the FIRST of those"ones" is YOU. Because a lot of mental health issues stem from not telling oneself: Hey bud/girl You Are GOOD ENOUGH. (Not great, no one is)
But you need to be ABLE to say so and that means you have be able to find what in Your life are things that you feel are what you truly feel good about: can multiply 79 with 81 in a flash…remember WHY a+b)x(a-b)=a squared minus b squared i.e square of 80 (6400 from our elementary school tables!) minus square of 1. Or fixing broken things (I made shade for table lamp with paper to direct most light to key board) or what is ONE way to give Yourself pleasure(dopamine) now? A glass of cold water? full attention to breakfast orange melting and tasting in your mouth. On radio program on sports addiction a counselor just said: "Addiction is the solution to mental health problems" an insight that I wanted someone to corroborate…and it it gave me my dose of first euphoria of the day. I am sur we ALL have SOMEthing to feel god about!. Now allow me to head for my breakfast, good fellows!
Commandments for a good life! I think I will copy/paste and post of my bulletin board…thank you. When we do for others, as you suggest, we find it is a gift of joy to ourselves. 💞
Thank you and I totally agree! Blessings & Hugs….
Was that a typo?…”Something to feel god (good) about? Or a Freudian slip?