Chronic Pain members - Welcome, please introduce yourself

Posted by Kelsey Mohring @kelseydm, Apr 27, 2016

Welcome to the new Chronic Pain group.

I’m Kelsey and I’m the moderator of the group. I look forwarding to welcoming you and introducing you to other members. Feel free to browse the topics or start a new one.

Why not take a minute and introduce yourself.

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Chronic Pain Support Group.

@jenatsky

Jim have you tried cannabis yet since I didn’t see it mentioned? After much experimenting I’m now using CBD tincture 100mg 4x day with 25mg THC tincture 4x day with nice results. I no longer require breakthrough pain meds. Cannabis alone didn’t cut it though.

Jump to this post

I did make some cannabutter, and with that some fudge, but regardless how chocolate the fudge was, I could still taste the cannabis. I haven't tried CBD products, primarily because of the cost. Medicare hasn't progressed yet to covering it.

My baseline pain level is normally 5, but wearing two walking boots, it's 7+. Every few days I take them off for a couple of hours in bed to give my feet a break and wash them and put lotion on them. I did that this afternoon and the pain was down to 3 or 4 after an hour. Tonight it's back up to 8.

Neuropathy pain is a bear to treat, and there's no cure. My granddaughter who's in the 4th grade plans to be a research biologist. I should suggest to her that finding a definitive treatment for neuropathy would make her famous, very rich, and adored by millions.

Jim

@jimhd

I did make some cannabutter, and with that some fudge, but regardless how chocolate the fudge was, I could still taste the cannabis. I haven't tried CBD products, primarily because of the cost. Medicare hasn't progressed yet to covering it.

My baseline pain level is normally 5, but wearing two walking boots, it's 7+. Every few days I take them off for a couple of hours in bed to give my feet a break and wash them and put lotion on them. I did that this afternoon and the pain was down to 3 or 4 after an hour. Tonight it's back up to 8.

Neuropathy pain is a bear to treat, and there's no cure. My granddaughter who's in the 4th grade plans to be a research biologist. I should suggest to her that finding a definitive treatment for neuropathy would make her famous, very rich, and adored by millions.

Jim

Jump to this post

I take 5 mg of Prednizone every other day. I've done so for years.

I'm Frank, 75 yo. I live in Pittsburgh. I've dealt with an arthritic back since my early 40s. Ten years ago, I had a successful spinal fusion of L3-4-5. It helped greatly. But still I deal with pain. Everywhere now. Hammertoe & neuropathy have joined the fun. I usually need a cane if walking outside.
A few years ago, finishing my pt & getting stretched out, something happened. I stool up. Pain disappeared, posture improved, I was ELATED. It lasted about an hour. Any idea what that was???

Hello! I'm 58, diagnosed with fibro with a significant fatigue component in 2022, after a year suffering with no answers. Just having the diagnosis was a relief and helped improve my mood. I am currently on Cymbalta, Lyrica, low dose naltrexone, amitryptiline, and thyroid meds. I tolerate all well and my pain was well controlled until recently. I have adjusted my thyroid meds, added some CBD and take flexeril at night but I'm still achy. I think at the root of my issues is lack of high quality sleep. Nothing I take or do takes me to restorative sleep. I am still working and need to do so for the next few years, and that weighs heavy on my mind. Glad to be here and hope you all are having a good day today.

@elizadolittle

I take 5 mg of Prednizone every other day. I've done so for years.

Jump to this post

Be careful on long term Prednisone use, can cause Bone Necrosis and arthritic joint issues later!

Hello does anyone know if there is a Dr. at the Mayo Clinic that prescribes Methadone

Hello everyone, my name is Maria and I am prescribed methadone for chronic pain/opiate use disorder. The problem is that I cannot go to the Climic every single day to get the methadone. Is there a Dr. at the Mayo Clinic that prescribes methadone? It would make my life so much easier.

@kathleenega

Hello! I'm 58, diagnosed with fibro with a significant fatigue component in 2022, after a year suffering with no answers. Just having the diagnosis was a relief and helped improve my mood. I am currently on Cymbalta, Lyrica, low dose naltrexone, amitryptiline, and thyroid meds. I tolerate all well and my pain was well controlled until recently. I have adjusted my thyroid meds, added some CBD and take flexeril at night but I'm still achy. I think at the root of my issues is lack of high quality sleep. Nothing I take or do takes me to restorative sleep. I am still working and need to do so for the next few years, and that weighs heavy on my mind. Glad to be here and hope you all are having a good day today.

Jump to this post

Hi
Iam sorry you are going through this . Does the lyrica help your pain? I take CBD, gabapentin and extra strength Tylenol. Flexeril makes me feel drugged, 1/2 a pill does nothing.
Take care

@bobbilee

Hi
Iam sorry you are going through this . Does the lyrica help your pain? I take CBD, gabapentin and extra strength Tylenol. Flexeril makes me feel drugged, 1/2 a pill does nothing.
Take care

Jump to this post

Hello - I thought my pain was well controlled, but lately it is not. I don't take gabapentin - my doctor favors Lyrica (pregabalin) for facial nerve pain, which I have had since having many dental procedures in a short period of time a few years ago. I've been taking Flexeril lately at night and it helps me get a deeper night sleep but I feel groggy in the AM. The pain I have now is in my hips, thighs and lower back, aches that feel like the flu. Really sucks to have to take so many drugs and get only a little relief. I use a CBD tincture, but I'm not impressed.
One of my doctors said that I can have my dosages increased so I may try that soon. Thanks for asking and you take care as well!

@mybabydoll12

Hello does anyone know if there is a Dr. at the Mayo Clinic that prescribes Methadone

Jump to this post

I don't know about Mayo but your primary physician can prescribe if he deems it necessary. It would require you to be on a pain contract with urine testing randomly to make sure you are taking the right dosage. I have been using it for pain for 15 years and if anything else works for you don't start it's very difficult to stop and reduce dosage.

Please sign in or register to post a reply.