Chronic Pain members - Welcome, please introduce yourself

Posted by Kelsey Mohring @kelseydm, Apr 27, 2016

Welcome to the new Chronic Pain group.

I’m Kelsey and I’m the moderator of the group. I look forwarding to welcoming you and introducing you to other members. Feel free to browse the topics or start a new one.

Why not take a minute and introduce yourself.

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Chronic Pain Support Group.

@lorirenee1

@lioness conolidine is doing utterly nothing for me. I even called the company, and a worker there said I could take two droppers full. That did nothing. I am returning it. Let me know more about how you do with it, as time passes.....Lori Renee

Jump to this post

@lorirenee1 Hi No it did nothing for me either I still ended up taking my pain medicine I'm sending mine back as well Oh well it was worth a try still seeking Merry Christmas

@lorirenee1

@lioness conolidine is doing utterly nothing for me. I even called the company, and a worker there said I could take two droppers full. That did nothing. I am returning it. Let me know more about how you do with it, as time passes.....Lori Renee

Jump to this post

Hi Lori Renee. I'm sorry to hear that.

@lioness

@lizny Welcome to connect we are a caring compassionate group with lots of ailments I have nerve pain also in shoulders,hands and elsewhere For me I find stretching exercises and gabapentin helps me have you asked your Dr about how you feel be your own advocate with Dr,s Good luck

Jump to this post

I have tried to talk and if they do not listen I switch doctors. A few examples of what been said to me; lose weight so I did, nothing change so now it because I am older. Try Gabapentin, it worked for a while but then I gained a little weight so the Doctor stop it. Physical Therapist told me my alignment is all wrong and cannot be helped. Trying to stay positive though all this, one day at a time.

@lizny

I have tried to talk and if they do not listen I switch doctors. A few examples of what been said to me; lose weight so I did, nothing change so now it because I am older. Try Gabapentin, it worked for a while but then I gained a little weight so the Doctor stop it. Physical Therapist told me my alignment is all wrong and cannot be helped. Trying to stay positive though all this, one day at a time.

Jump to this post

@lizny I'm with you as the weather effects how I feel also have you thought of this .I also use a cream Topricin it's for fibromyalgia and neuropathy This helps at times It's all a crapshoot what helps

Hi I'm Paul suffering with posthepetic neurlgia. Have my second spinal cord stimulator implanted 3 months ago, helping somewhat. Pain is r/s neck and shoulder, sometimes hard to sleep. 7 yrs suffering but I wake up each morning and now go forward

I suffer from Brachial Plexopathy and have no successful pain management.

@paulbklyn

Hi I'm Paul suffering with posthepetic neurlgia. Have my second spinal cord stimulator implanted 3 months ago, helping somewhat. Pain is r/s neck and shoulder, sometimes hard to sleep. 7 yrs suffering but I wake up each morning and now go forward

Jump to this post

@paulbklyn

It took about 2 months before my stimulator began to affect the neuropathy pain in my feet, and several adjustments the first couple of months after that. After a year, I found that I needed adjustment every 3 months. My scs is a Burst DR from Abbott. While its efficacy is reduced now, after 2 1/2 years, I know that it's playing a role in the pain management, along with a few medications. I had an MRI a couple of months ago and 3 weeks later I discovered that I had never turned my scs back on. I didn't notice it at first, but the pain was increasing up until the moment that I couldn't remember turning it on. Its MRI comparability was one of the reasons I chose the Burst DR, as well as the fact that I have no vibration from it. It turns itself on for 30 seconds every 3 minutes, and I never feel any indication that it's on, unless I look at the iPad controller.

I hope you will be feeling less pain over the next few months.

Jim

Hi my name is Mono. The stimulator works great. I have one for my bladder and having back surgery the 26th so I’ll have one on my back as well. Be careful with the stimulator not to adjust it too high.
Best wishes
Good luck

@mono21

Hi my name is Mono. The stimulator works great. I have one for my bladder and having back surgery the 26th so I’ll have one on my back as well. Be careful with the stimulator not to adjust it too high.
Best wishes
Good luck

Jump to this post

@mono21 , @paulbklyn

I never adjust my stimulator unless the Abbott tech has set up a backup setting for me. I did try raising the therapy setting a couple of times, but it didn't work any better than the way he set it, so I just put it back to where it was. I can call him anytime the pain gets bad enough, and he meets me to adjust the amplitudes or whatever it is that he does.

Jim

@lioness

@lizny I'm with you as the weather effects how I feel also have you thought of this .I also use a cream Topricin it's for fibromyalgia and neuropathy This helps at times It's all a crapshoot what helps

Jump to this post

Thank you. I will ask my doctor about Topricin because Pennsaid and the Flector Patch has not been successful.

Please sign in or register to post a reply.