Thank you Mayo Clinic! Looking Forward to 2024!

Posted by collegeprof @collegeprof, Dec 26, 2023

This time of the year I think about the doctors, PAs, and all other medical personnel who have helped me with their great medical care. Also included are the hospitals and clinics. I am quite fortunate to live in a state where most of my critical healthcare happens to occur nearby at Mayo Clinic. Very few on this forum know about their highly successful 3-week Pain Management Program in addition to all their other great care programs including HABIT for early dementia. Unfortunately, many are also unaware of their Educational Assistance programs where pamphlets and occasionally, one on one help is given to you in order to understand your disease better. This is just the short list of the many opportunities that exist today at Mayo Clinic.

Also, just as meaningful are the mentors and those of you who help make an impact by discussing and sharing your very personal health experiences, recoveries and tragedies on this forum. Kudos for all of you and personally for me, @gingerw, @colleenyoung , @kamama94, and @cehunt57.

Lastly, for those who use this forum consistently, publicly or privately, you may wish to let these mentors and others know your appreciation for their help to you. Many of the mentors and other members have gone through their own major health challenges over the years. In fact, many are still facing tremendous future problems, but they all answer you with respect and smiles to help one another. Thank you Mayo, Mayo staff, mentors and you who have contributed so much this past year on this forum.

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Visiting Mayo Clinic Support Group.

These threads have helped me stay alive awhile longer! Thank you, everyone!

@collegeprof Thank you for your post! It is a testament to the strength we all share, whether as members or mentors, moderators or director. Having a safe place to voice concerns and discuss our experiences is [in my humble opinion] so critical to our physical and emotional well-being! To feel we are not alone as we each travel our own health journey gives light to a dark day.
Ginger

@collegeprof Thank you for your kind words. I know that as mentors, we feel the need to help others because of the journeys we have taken ourselves. I believe that patients have what I call "super powers" and that comes from will and determination and learning to advocate for yourself and simply believing that you can do it. Doctors can help us, advise us, patch us back together, and then the patient takes their recovery the rest of the way. Many patients don't know about their own power, and it is my hope to help patients find that within themselves. You are lucky to live close enough to Mayo for your medical care needs. Mayo is a special place to me, and worth the drive to get there when something needs expert care. I have learned a lot on Connect too and this is where I belong.

Jennifer

I joined this post in October of this year, one day after receiving the results of an ultrasound. I knew immediately I needed help and support from others who have gone through, are going through and will go through similar experiences. I was greeted by the “mentors” and welcomed to this site. My journey so far has been positive in large part because of the support of those on this site. I do not know what your beliefs system entails, that is a personal choice, however, I pray daily each day for all whom may visit this site. My hope is you receive sound advice, comfort and an inner peace as we all go through our own personal journey. Blessings.
Doug

@dougr19

I joined this post in October of this year, one day after receiving the results of an ultrasound. I knew immediately I needed help and support from others who have gone through, are going through and will go through similar experiences. I was greeted by the “mentors” and welcomed to this site. My journey so far has been positive in large part because of the support of those on this site. I do not know what your beliefs system entails, that is a personal choice, however, I pray daily each day for all whom may visit this site. My hope is you receive sound advice, comfort and an inner peace as we all go through our own personal journey. Blessings.
Doug

Jump to this post

Thank you Doug for your prayerful response.
Take care everyone.
2024 could be a rough ride for some of us.
Keep saying prayers.
Take care
Colleenp

Please sign in or register to post a reply.