Sudden Onset of Urge Incontinence
I have BPH (was told it was a large one) and had a TURP in 2015. I considered it successful (compared to my prior condition) though I still got up about 2x per night to urinate.
Fast-forward to June, 2020, with no warning or change in any other health conditions, I experienced the following:
– blood in urine (with small clumps) for 36 hrs straight
– a couple of days of no blood in the urine
– then, another 30 hrs straight of blood in the urine
– then, sporadic blood in urine for a week
– then, no blood in urine since the beginning of July (and to this day)
– however, cessation of blood in urine was accompanied by multiple bouts of urge incontinence per day (and continues to the present time)
– also, now getting up every 2 hrs (or less) at night to urinate.
Previous to this, I might have a bout of urge incontinence once every 2-3 weeks and could generally control it with a Kagel move. Now, my ability to control my urge incontinence is almost non-existent. Now wearing extra-absorbent pads in my underwear.
Lastly, my urine flow through all of the above has been good, so do not think it is associated with my prostate – rather something with the bladder.
Was able to see my urologist in mid-July (quite difficult due to Covid-19), who ordered a CT scan of my abdomen, with a follow-up visit on Aug 26th. He did not speculate what the source of my problem was.
Any insight from forum members would be appreciated.