Scar tissue after knee replacement

Posted by leithlane @leithlane, Jan 31, 2017

I had knee replacement surgery 6 weeks ago . Through PT I have been working on breaking up the scar tissue only for it to regrow by the time I get back to PT two days later. I have been massaging at home, using a hand held massager and roller. It is painful and swollen. I am getting very disheartened. Any suggestions as to what else I can do. Has anyone had laser treatments to break up scar tissue? Were they effective?

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Joint Replacements Support Group.

I just joined this group with similar problems. I have the scar tissue (2nd opinion doctor said it was “significant”). I have sciatica uptick. Have had gout multiple times. Muscle cramps/spasms in the leg the replacement was done on. I was diagnosed with an allergy to the titanium. 2nd opinion Dr said I could get scar tissue removed orthoscopically and if it didn’t work to then have a do over. I’m inclined to leave it alone. I never got beyond 90degrees on bending my knee. Since no more PT I have gradually come back to around 35 degrees. I do home PT every day. Any suggestions or comments?

Please sign in or register to post a reply.