Rhodium-223 For Prostate Cancer

Posted by desertfalcon1954 @desertfalcon1954, Mar 12 1:24pm

Radium 223 is considered an effective treatment for advanced prostate cancer that has spread to your bones.

https://www.healthline.com/health/prostate-cancer/radium-223-for-prostate-cancer

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Prostate Cancer Support Group.

Why can’t you have this treatment for the early recurrence of Prostate cancer , so you stop it in its tracks ?

@firespooks

Why can’t you have this treatment for the early recurrence of Prostate cancer , so you stop it in its tracks ?

Jump to this post

I feel the same. I have seen these same studies with LU-177 (higher dose than for scans), Actinium-225 and possibly with others, they all have it as a last resort. What about as a first resort or an earlier resort? How about some after whatever procedure you went through to be sure they got it all, like an adjunct dose? I just don't understand the placing it as a last resort, and that only. I understand people are trying to get it overseas but who knows what you are getting so not sure about that route.

@firespooks

Jump to this post

Because it only works for bone metastasis (not tissues or organs); it’s a very expensive treatment for those who have no other options available, rather than for those who can be successfully treated with more traditional and less expensive treatments.

@firespooks

Jump to this post

To everyone

The Lu177 trials at PMH are to determine if LU 177 should be standard of care versus Chemo

Radium 223 for bone mets cost $9,000 or less an injection times 6 injections I was on Xtandi at $4,000 a month for a year before it stopped working. PSA up to 10. Doctor told me one had to do other ADTs like Xtandi before one could get free Radium 223 or Xofigio DUMB
I get my 3rd injection next week at CVH I could have been clear with Radium and then had Xtandi and chemo as other optios if it failed

My understanding is that those of us who are metastatic with bone metastases only have Radium 223 and Pluvicto (Lu 177) as radiological treatments. The thing that most people do not understand is that Radium 223 cannot be followed after receiving LU 177. But you can get Pluvicto after receiving Radium 223. I confirmed this with my oncology team but I still do not understand it. So, for me, I'm going Radium 223 first and if that fails down the road I would then consider Chemo and or LU 177. For now, I am castrate / hormone sensitive and these options would be considered in the distant future if ever. I'm still expecting the quadruplet therapy I received (i.e., radiation, ADT, Nubeqa (Darolutamide), and 10 rounds of chemo) to continue working. The other thing I read that should be considered if your PSA starts rising and you need another treatment is now required is to request another Genomic blood test to see if there are any new mutations that can be acted on with Immunotherapy. I heard that is a Eugene Kwon video recently. Made me happy. Keep fighting.

@wooldridgec

My understanding is that those of us who are metastatic with bone metastases only have Radium 223 and Pluvicto (Lu 177) as radiological treatments. The thing that most people do not understand is that Radium 223 cannot be followed after receiving LU 177. But you can get Pluvicto after receiving Radium 223. I confirmed this with my oncology team but I still do not understand it. So, for me, I'm going Radium 223 first and if that fails down the road I would then consider Chemo and or LU 177. For now, I am castrate / hormone sensitive and these options would be considered in the distant future if ever. I'm still expecting the quadruplet therapy I received (i.e., radiation, ADT, Nubeqa (Darolutamide), and 10 rounds of chemo) to continue working. The other thing I read that should be considered if your PSA starts rising and you need another treatment is now required is to request another Genomic blood test to see if there are any new mutations that can be acted on with Immunotherapy. I heard that is a Eugene Kwon video recently. Made me happy. Keep fighting.

Jump to this post

I get my third Radium 223 on Wed 29th PSA up to 14 though ???

Why is your PSA going up. Did the doctors think it is a bone flare?

Please sign in or register to post a reply.