I had DCIS in 2007 and IDC/DCIS in 2018. Both times with lumpectomies/sentinel node removal, radiation, and AI meds. Both times both times sentinel nodes were clear. I had genetic testing done in 8/2019 and have the CHEK2 genetic mutation. I have decided to have prophylactic mastectomies with reconstruction. I had a full body CT scan in 5/19 and mamo with tomo 11/19 and a breast MRI 3/20 (pretesting for the mastectomies/reconstruction). No problem has showed up with my sentinel nodes now. I have been offered sentinel node biopsy at the time of the upcoming surgery…just in case something should show up in this breast pathology. If it does show up and sentinel nodes are not biopsies, there will be no way after this surgery to inject the dye with the breasts gone so an auxiliary node resection would need to be done. I need to make a decision about having the sentinal nodes removed at the time of the mastectomies/reconstruction or not. Has anyone had this decision to make and how and why did you decide?