Anyone feel devasted about how you look & feel? And guilty too?

Posted by colely @colely, Jan 23, 2023

My Oncologist's reply to my wanting to take Propecia for genetic, and Tamoxifen- induced hair loss and thinning was the following: "This is controversial. There is no data that says it is safe and it could be potentially harmful, ( increased breast cancer risk). We are not in favor of using propecia." Well, there is always a capillus cap. If I had the money. Do any of you feel devastated by how you physically feel and now look from a masectomy and sentinal lymph node removal, and taking Tamoxifen, but feel guilty because other wonderful women are suffering so much more?

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Breast Cancer Support Group.

Thank God for your quick response. I do not believe most doctors have a clue what it is like to have a strange lump or anything that is new and unusual. If you complain too often, you are then "just a problem" and forgotten about. That is why it is so important to remember, 'It is YOUR BODY, if they will not listen, find someone who will." It is so much more difficult to watch and wait. You made a great decision, Congratultions and Long Life
Gina5009

Please sign in or register to post a reply.