Neuropathy and Blood Flow

Posted by growyourflow @growyourflow, Jun 7, 2017

Can increasing blood flow help me manage pain in my extremities diagnosed as peripheral neuropathy?
Gf

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Neuropathy Support Group.

@rhepler74

May I ask whether a Tens Unit is part of your therapy for pain, as well as for numbness?

Jump to this post

i do not know in which area this should be filed in but here goes. i have very painful neuropathy in both legs. the valves by the ankles and knees will not close enough and there is not enough pressure to allow enough of the blow flow to the heart. i am in the process of having venous closure to assist with this. but yes you are correct, the blood flow is very important. (hope i made sense)

@rhepler74

May I ask whether a Tens Unit is part of your therapy for pain, as well as for numbness?

Jump to this post

i always keep slip on slippers next to me or the bed. also, VERY IMPORTANT, i use BAG BALM (it is like vasaline) i slather it all over the feet, in between the toes and just past the ankle. then i put on the socks. come the morning i wipe off the bag balm and my feet are so smooth like baby's feet. any and all dead skin is gone. do this whenever it is needed and it is a very great help. you can buy bag balm at walmart, pharmacies, etc. and it is not expensive because a little goes a long way. been doing this for years.

@peach414144

without using addictive pain medication for active psoriatic arthritis where pain also is in the tendons as well as the tissues and joints how can i get pain relief. cannot use advil as i have kidney problems. (tylenol does NOTHNG) help!

Jump to this post

the only other meds the doctor prescribes that is not addictive is not good for the type 3 kidney failure, or it affects, the diabetes, or whatever else i have. so i stay in pain. sometimes i use the advils. thank you for caring. (it boils down to that i have quite a number of ailments.)

@colleenyoung

Hi Peach,
You may also wish to join this discussion group on Connect:
- Psoriatic Arthritis https://connect.mayoclinic.org/discussion/psoriatic-arthritis-257d5c/

Jump to this post

thank you but what is connect? kinda old for this but i try. peach also have psoriatic and rheumatoid arthritis among many others.

thank you everyone for the imput!. I am so afraid of the fact that I have COMPLETE numbness in my heel area, not the complete heels yet, but the part that is ....is completely numb!. My big toes are headed in that direction, my left calf/left of the knee and below also is where the numbness and tingling started originally back in 2011. Then progressing to the feet and now lots of tingling and starting to have numbness in my fingers and hands. I am, as I has posted in my link about the FGFR3 antibody, a victim of this said antibody which is the cause of the sensory neuronopathies. Until the discovery of this antibody in me, my diagnosis was IDIOPATHIC Peripheral Neuropathy. This means that they don't know the cause. But in the detection of this, it is now called Peripheral Neuropathy with FGFR3 antibody. For more info on this I have found a website with a lot of reading but a lot if info. . go to https://www.google.com/patents/US20150192594

@darlia

thank you everyone for the imput!. I am so afraid of the fact that I have COMPLETE numbness in my heel area, not the complete heels yet, but the part that is ....is completely numb!. My big toes are headed in that direction, my left calf/left of the knee and below also is where the numbness and tingling started originally back in 2011. Then progressing to the feet and now lots of tingling and starting to have numbness in my fingers and hands. I am, as I has posted in my link about the FGFR3 antibody, a victim of this said antibody which is the cause of the sensory neuronopathies. Until the discovery of this antibody in me, my diagnosis was IDIOPATHIC Peripheral Neuropathy. This means that they don't know the cause. But in the detection of this, it is now called Peripheral Neuropathy with FGFR3 antibody. For more info on this I have found a website with a lot of reading but a lot if info. . go to https://www.google.com/patents/US20150192594

Jump to this post

In addition, hence the reason for my question. I am petrified of the idea of losing feet or limbs due to eventually having no feeling at all. Does anyone know more about this?
Darlia

My problem with bag balm is the odor-I use coconut oil and get the same results.

@parus

My problem with bag balm is the odor-I use coconut oil and get the same results.

Jump to this post

@parus

Coconut oil is good for so many things - thanks for the suggestion.

Teresa

@parus

Jump to this post

@parus - good suggestion. I also use coconut oil for a lot of things, including using it when I make popcorn, speading a little on toast, using it like butter on steamed vegetables or cooked ones and an occasional spoonful in a cup of coffee.

John

@janetdh

I am very interested in this topic as well. I have both a neuropathic disorder called Complex Regional Pain Syndrome and diabetes. My diabetes was controlled until I got the CRPS and related medications to address neuropathic pain. Now my blood sugars are all over the place. I also have numbness and pain in my right foot and calf as well as my left knee and calf and in my hands to some degree. I have been experiencing increased edema in my legs over the past two months. Would be very interested in anything that could help increase blood flow in my extremities (have tried diuretics to reduce edema, but they are impacting my blood sugars). I also tried a tens unit a few years ago and as someone else indicated it didn't really help me. Would appreciate it if you cold keep me posted. Good luck!!

Jump to this post

i am no DOCTOR BUT THERE IS A SIMPLE PROCEDURE DONE BY A VEIN DOCTOR, perhaps you need to see a vein doctor for a proper explanation and maybe some help. my cardiologist saw the need (after a small test). maybe this can help.

Please sign in or register to post a reply.