My husband had nasopharyngeal SCC. It’s been 40 years since 7700 rads of cobalt. The medical facility told us he was one of two people in The US back then that had it. My concern now is that he been having food swallowing problem since the. Treatments. He had a stricture about 8 years ago where they did the balloon enlargement in his throat. Just in the last few weeks he has went from struggling to eat, which was normal for him, to only liquids. I’m scared. I’m terrified he has esophageal cancer. Can anyone tell me about their swallowing issues far out in Time from Radiation. I know it’s been posted many times that swallowing is difficult. Did anyone else have problems like this where it WASNT cancer so many years past treatment?