My TKR journey at 7 weeks: Should I get manipulation (MUA)?
I underwent TKR on April 18th. I’m a 50 year old female. My knee before surgery had 3 meniscus tears (lived in England for 3 years and the only tool in their box was PT, which didn’t fix the problem). I incurred another tear in October and was told that my knee was so riddled with osteoarthritis that the only option was TKR. My leg was deformed by my surgery date.
Fast forward to today. Due to insurance I had to delay PT for a week, then only was able to have outpatient PT 2x a week. I’m currently at 100 degrees ROM and my Dr. Is extremely upset with me. He says I should be at 120 or further. He’s threatening an MUA and I’m just trying to get a feeling for if that is normal at this point. I’m off pain meds. I push myself past the pain 5 times a day. My insurance is currently reviewing whether or not to give me more sessions (2 weeks wait), but in the meantime I’m pushing myself up to 6 times a day. Is this enough? What else can I do? Thanks for reading. KG