Mayo Clinic's Fibromyalgia Clinic

Posted by Flower Lady @flowerlady, Apr 6, 2012

Has anyone been to the Fibromyalgia Clinic at Mayo? My 21 year old daughter is scheduled to go in May and we are wondering if anyone found it helpful? My daughters fibro is very severe and so far the medications we have tried have not helped.

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Fibromyalgia Support Group.

@kelseydm

Hi @happymom. Welcome to Connect! Here is one book from Mayo Clinic about wellness solutions for fibromyalgia, that you might find helpful https://marketplace.mayoclinic.com/shop/diseases-and-conditions/book/mayo-clinic-guide-to-pain-relief_294200. Also, here is a pain management e-newsletter you might want to subscribe to- https://newslettersignup.mayoclinic.com/?fn=211. I'm also tagging @edriaragosin, @flowerlady and @lee626 to see if they have any other recommendations.

Jump to this post

Thanks so much. I’ve subscribed to your recommended newsletter and will check out the book, too.

@chbeck769

I'm scheduled for it on Monday. I was diagnosed back in 1997 and have tried ever med, pt and even thearpy possible but I'm trying to stay positive. Any one had any helpful recommendations for this clinic?

Jump to this post

<br />
<br />
Colleen, I only attended the week in jan2012. The exercises, medication, and Walking up to 3 miles 4 to 5 times a week My biggest problem is my arthritis. The biofeedback session at Mayo is utilized when the pain inhibits ADLs. I think the biggest problem fibromyalgia presents is depression. I make a conscientious effort to get up and get going. Also, it is important to take a short nap at least a few times each week. Meditation is difficult for me but I can see how it could help. I would love to get back to Rochester for a basic check up. I truly trust the doctors there.EMR, nashville<br />
<br />
<br />

I went through Mayo's Fibromyalgia Clinic about 3+ years ago. My condition has become more chronic, and sometimes overwhelming. I have tried the three FDA approved meds, without much success What is the latest information on this syndrome? Would there be any advantage if I revisited your Clinic? Thank you.

@pheefoe

I went through Mayo's Fibromyalgia Clinic about 3+ years ago. My condition has become more chronic, and sometimes overwhelming. I have tried the three FDA approved meds, without much success What is the latest information on this syndrome? Would there be any advantage if I revisited your Clinic? Thank you.

Jump to this post

Take a look at low dose naltrexone. It may help you. Blessings to you.<br />
<br />
<br />
*Angela *<br />

@pheefoe

Jump to this post

Welcome to Connect @pheefoe and @angsmith124. I moved your messages to this existing thread where you can connect with others who have been to Mayo's Fibromyalgia Clinic.

@pheefoe

Jump to this post

Lyrica and Lexapro taken together helps me. <br />
<br />

@pheefoe

Jump to this post

​Thanks for your info.​<br />

No,I haven't been 2 the Mayo clinic for treatment for my Fibromyalgia.I guess it's a famous 1 though.So,I pray they can help her.I've had FM for over 20 yrs.;very hard 2 cope with!Also,2 get adjustments(chiro.)for!But,glad for little relief @ least.That's so sad about your daughter&her pain!I'm so sorry.

I spent 8 days at the Rochester Clinic in 2015. This included a variety of tests, fibro diagnosis and a 2 day class on self management. It was extremely overwhelming. I can tell you that they will never recommend meds as primary treatment and you will absolutely have to manage the condition yourself. This is their approach and truly the best way to be as healthy as possible. I talked to a friend that just went through the class and found it extremely helpful. It is not the end all, rather the tools needed to manage better. I live 7 hours from the clinic and opted to pursue an appointment with complementary and integrative medicine. It was an hour spent getting some advice and also adding to the resources I need going forward. I'm still learning and they are extremely helpful to identify solid options for me to pursue. I'm building a team of professionals around me at home with their direction. I wouldn't hesitate to go to the class and am considering myself.

Could I get the information on this. Dealing with it and someone mentioned a clinic with mayo.

Please sign in or register to post a reply.