Has anyone gotten or heard of the new treatment LU-PSMA-617?

Posted by firespooks @firespooks, Feb 15, 2022

Has anyone gotten or heard of the new treatment LU-PSMA-617? When will this be readily be available? What is the long term outcome ? Thank You, Stephen

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Prostate Cancer Support Group.

I'm glad you started a topic on this new treatment Lu-PSMA-617, @firespooks. @norske46 refers to it in this discussion starting here: https://connect.mayoclinic.org/comment/648392/

Mayo Clinic is conducting a study on the use of 177Lu-PSMA-617 for the treatment of metastatic prostate cancer. The study is expected to be completed in August 2022. See more here: https://www.mayo.edu/research/clinical-trials/cls-20438460

Is this treatment available as an option for you, Stephen?

My oncologist mentioned it to me on my last visit. On on my second recurrence. So far my PSA is climbing slowly. I’d be willing to try this treatment when it became available and Medicare would pay for it.

Stephen, my oncologist talked about it last fall but it has not yet received FDA approval. I understand it is designed for advanced metastasized castrate resistant prostate cancer. (I am three years into this struggle and have used bicalutimide, enxalutamide, lupron, zolodronic acid and current I am receiving radium223.) It is along road and Lu177 may be the next treatment option.

How long are you in this struggle? I assume you have metastatic cancer and have exhausted or nearly exhausted other treatment options. Good luck. Stay positive. Stay strong.

@norske46

Stephen, my oncologist talked about it last fall but it has not yet received FDA approval. I understand it is designed for advanced metastasized castrate resistant prostate cancer. (I am three years into this struggle and have used bicalutimide, enxalutamide, lupron, zolodronic acid and current I am receiving radium223.) It is along road and Lu177 may be the next treatment option.

How long are you in this struggle? I assume you have metastatic cancer and have exhausted or nearly exhausted other treatment options. Good luck. Stay positive. Stay strong.

Jump to this post

I’m on my second recurrence. My PSA is slowly rising. I am hoping that this would be a new alternative to ADT. don’t like what I keep hearing about the side effects.

Please sign in or register to post a reply.