I want sexual reassignment surgery (SRS) done

Posted by strawberry500 @strawberry500, Jun 13, 2019

How do I go as getting it done?

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the LGBTQIA Health Support Group.

I’m only 18 by the way and I’m a male and want to have a vagina not a dick or I will cut it off my self


Hi @strawberry500, welcome to Connect. I'm glad you found us.
Mayo Clinic has a Transgender and Intersex Specialty Care Clinic. Your first step might be to search if a center near you has a specialty center or if you can consider inquiring at Mayo Clinic. Naturally sexual reassignment surgery (SRS) is just one part of the process. This information on Mayo Clinic's website spells out the what, why and how.
You might also appreciate this story about Grayson as he transitions from female to male. While not male to female like you, I still think it is informative.
– As transgender people seek change, hospital doors open https://www.mprnews.org/story/2018/06/25/transgender-change-medicine-insurance-mayo-clinic-minnesota

Strawberry, I can tell you're anxious to move forward with the transition. I hope this information helps. Do you have support of your family and friends in this decision? Or did you have to wait until you were 18 because you don't feel supported?


Hi @strawberry500. Speaking as someone who has experienced dysphoria and knows many others who have and do as well, I can say you're definitely not alone in what you're feeling. I'm wondering if you found the Mayo Clinic resources helpful or if you are looking to talk a little more about feeling like you desperately want to physically transition. Everyone's experience is different, as well as whether they choose to go forward with surgery or not. Please feel welcome to message me privately, or we can continue here so maybe other people with similar experiences can join in and discuss too. I look forward to hearing from you 🙂 Thanks so much for coming here and sharing.


Hey @strawberry500. Just wanted to check in to see how you're doing today.

Please sign in or register to post a reply.