Share this:

Hi all. New to site. I have been having a debilitating feeling [...]

Posted by @teen4ocean in Brain & Nervous System, May 3, 2014

Hi all. New to site. I have been having a debilitating feeling of " sea sickness " for 3 months. Pretty much ruining every day for me. I have been to Ear Nose and Throat MD's, Opthamologists, and yesterday to a Neurologist. Brain MRI was normal. The neurologist said it was likely a viral infection of some sort that attacked the balance area of brain/head. My question is does anyone know of some exercises that might help with this?? Every day is a challenge

Tags: Meniere's disease, sea sickness, MRIs, vestibular rehab, inner ear problems

SWANKID likes this

Posted by @trigeminal, May 4, 2014

Have been tested for Menieres (spelling)? I used to have dizzies & vomiting for 6 months at a time. Dramine was the only thing that helped, making me tired. I found out many years later I have an inner ear inflammation.


Posted by @teen4ocean, May 4, 2014

Well the ENT people strongly do not think it is inner ear ie: menieres... or any other due to symptoms. No vomiting... etc. The neurologist says likely viral infection that may take weeks or months ( it has already been months). I do feel SLIGHTLY like things may be getting better.. but still searching for some tips / exercises / training the brain tools that may help. Considering accupuncture.


Posted by @trigeminal, May 4, 2014

Hopefully you will continue to get better. It was the spinning, vomiting........


Posted by @gree0156, May 4, 2014

Yes! Go see someone for vestibular rehab. You need to do exercises to
rehabilitate your brain. I too have had a year history of this. Terrible !
Rule out inner ear problems, migraines, and any thyroid problems.


Posted by @whitecat, Jun 28, 2014

I suffer the same off and on for months now. I do take meds for migraines and hypothyroidism. That may play a part in it. Recently I was told I have arthritis in the neck & shoulder which could be pinching a nerve to create the seasick feeling. Won't know until an MRI is done. Perhaps a spinal doctor can help you?

Please login or become a member to post a comment.