Hearing Aid Brands 2024: Basic Information about 6 Major Brands/Models

Posted by Julie, Volunteer Mentor @julieo4, Jun 21 2:56pm

Are you seeking information about quality hearing aids? If so, you will find this video of interest. Be sure to watch from the beginning.

Best Hearing Aids 2024 Reviewed!
Need help finding the best hearing aid in 2024? In today's video, HearingTracker's Matthew Allsop compares the latest tech from top hearing aid brands ReSound, Phonak, Starkey, Oticon, Signia, and Widex.

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Hearing Loss Support Group.

After research online I found a lot of positive comments for Costco hearing aids. They can also do the hearing test. Check them out online. They will also replace one for free if you lose it, (they do that for free only once if you lose one). And I can control the settings for the hearing aids on my iPhone.

Great video. I prefer in the canal style, I hope he reviews that style soon.

@decabea

Great video. I prefer in the canal style, I hope he reviews that style soon.

Jump to this post

I just ordered a pair of these. My hearing loss is slight and mostly in one ear so I don't think I need the $4000 ones.

I hope your purchase helps your slight hearing loss.
Perhaps a time will come when you need the capabilities of more advanced aids in listening to tv or your telephone through your aids. An audiologist can guide you. But congratulations on deciding to get hearing aids.

I have a fairly severe hearing loss due to loud music (former roadie) and shooting (former cop) outside without good hearing protection. I started noticing trouble hearing (tinnitus) in my 50s, and at the time I worked for United Healthcare. They only would cover one hearing aid brand at the time (they owned the company) and I wound up $1500 out of pocket for a pair of "one size fits all" aids. They were better than no hearing aids, but certainly not what I needed. (I understand they no longer havc that company listed, and they recommend quality hearing aids.) Later, I was able to buy a pair of Phonak Audeo Paradise aids, and the difference was like night and day. I still have trouble hearing, but I can control volume and situation with my cell phone, and even watch Netflix on my phone without disturbing anyone else. Shop around and if you only get one choice, run to a different audiologist. I learned the hard way.

Absolutely shop around. Ask for a copy of your audiogram when you’re tested. You have a right to that information. Then you don’t have to be retested when you do that shopping.

I am in the process of getting a new pair of the Signia 7 IX platform hearing aids through my Humana Gold Plus Medicare plan. They will cost me $1,800 for the pair.
Have you heard much about them. TruHearing finally was able to release them under their label for Humana members this month.

In preparation for selecting a hearing aid:

I put on & take off readers multiple times each day, so I am concerned about this activity interfering with the hearing aid especially if it is a BTE style.
Anyone else having the same issues or someone that has solved this with proper selection of the hearing aid style?
Many thanks,
Mark

@markmark007

In preparation for selecting a hearing aid:

I put on & take off readers multiple times each day, so I am concerned about this activity interfering with the hearing aid especially if it is a BTE style.
Anyone else having the same issues or someone that has solved this with proper selection of the hearing aid style?
Many thanks,
Mark

Jump to this post

Best advice is to get glasses that have narrow bows. There are many stylish glasses frames that have them. I use glasses, a BTE hearing aid and a cochlear processor that fits behind the ear. No problem, but I'm careful about selecting the right style of eye glasses.

Do your readers have thick bows?

@julieo4

Best advice is to get glasses that have narrow bows. There are many stylish glasses frames that have them. I use glasses, a BTE hearing aid and a cochlear processor that fits behind the ear. No problem, but I'm careful about selecting the right style of eye glasses.

Do your readers have thick bows?

Jump to this post

Hi Julie:
Many thanks - my readers have ~ 1/4 " bows (no more).
What do you think?
Thanks again,
Mark

Please sign in or register to post a reply.