Foundation for Peripheral Neuropathy E-News March 2018

Posted by steeldove @steeldove, Mar 20, 2018

Some interesting updates, including one about gluten: https://mail.google.com/mail/u/2/#inbox/1621fbf3767535e5

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Neuropathy Support Group.

Thanks John I went to Mayo, in Phoenix. Not on their radar in Sept 2016 for any new treatment. I have autonomic Neuropathy and if bothers me in other ways that I have difficulty working around.

@robertjr

Just saw this group on neuropathy.Back in nov .started getting sharp pain on bottom of my foot and ankle,after standing 5 min had to sit or lay down.After test for diabetes was ok ,had test for neuropathy ,had neuropathy.Was set to see neurolagist,before going to see him was at home ,stood up ,sharp pain started,all of sudden ankle snapped went down on floor.At hospital plate and screws put in ankle,surgeon said neuropathy helped keep pain down while in hospital,2 surgeries..Still not on feettill at least April.Still havent seen neurologist ,Will neuropathy cause problems with my healing,also have had grand mals since i was 5 years old,now 63..When brain and spine brought up started thinking of my epilepsy..

Jump to this post

Thanks John.At least pain from ankle surgery not as bad because of neuropathy according to doctor..

@johnbishop

@steeldove unfortunately the Foundation for Peripheral Neuropathy email Newsletters don't link very easy. You can go to their website and see most of them but not usually in the same format as the newsletter. Also, for some of the information you have to be a member to view it.

-- https://www.foundationforpn.org/news/

John

Jump to this post

I have Peripheral Neuropathy.
I recently went to Florida for 2 weeks.
For the 2 weeks  I experienced less pain in my ankles legs and
back.
Has anyone else experienced the same thing.

I have Peripheral Neuropathy and have ankle-back pain and numbnaee. sometimes I cannot walk. I take Gabapentin 1200 3 times daily. I spent 2 weeks in Florida and was almost pain free. I live next to Canada so it is cold. Any coments?

@annmayo79

I have Peripheral Neuropathy and have ankle-back pain and numbnaee. sometimes I cannot walk. I take Gabapentin 1200 3 times daily. I spent 2 weeks in Florida and was almost pain free. I live next to Canada so it is cold. Any coments?

Jump to this post

Hello @annmayo79 -- welcome to Connect. I have idiopathic small fiber peripheral neuropathy but I only have numbness and no pain associated with it. I also have trouble walking and do seem to have more problems in the winter here in Minnesota than the summer time. Cold weather and changes in humidity seem to impact my other autoimmune diseases too, mostly my polymyalgia rheumatica (PMR).

Do you do any kind of exercises to help or strengthen your legs and back to help with walking?

John

On utube Egoscue exercises offer lots of exercise programs that I have had help my PN. You could try them and see,

Please sign in or register to post a reply.